Official 2024 R Quality Issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sf2360

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone notice Extended engine cranking when starting? It doesn't always happen, but it has happened to me twice so far.

OP
OP
ToadSmasher2K1

ToadSmasher2K1

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does anyone notice Extended engine cranking when starting? It doesn't always happen, but it has happened to me twice so far.

2024RaptorR_NOVA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had the same issue
Same on my 24 R but only on hot starts….I read on a FB group that it’s common with this engine and same happens with the GT500…..heat causes a slight fuel Vapor lock…..only becomes a problem if it actually does not start. Basically according to what I have read is that it’s a characteristic of this engine

hamster

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Same on my 24 R but only on hot starts….I read on a FB group that it’s common with this engine and same happens with the GT500…..heat causes a slight fuel Vapor lock…..only becomes a problem if it actually does not start. Basically according to what I have read is that it’s a characteristic of this engine
The couple little things I have had (1 delayed start, and rear emblem loose) are far outweighed by all the nice changes since my 2020 and then there is the V8. I have no "real" complaints....more like whining.

RCorsa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
only issue thus far is my CarPlay yesterday was cutting out every few minutes. it was pretty annoying but pretty minor IMO for a mass produced car. No engine vibration or delayed starts, loose panels etc.

Reaction score
My truck starts right up every time. No issues. Fender gaps are non-existent, tailgate applique is good, seats match, both valve covers are installed, and everything works. Only small issue is your typical speaker rattle in drivers door.