Official 2024 R Quality Issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If I had to guess, these 5.2’s rev pretty damn high for what they are, and the balancing protocols Ford is using probably prioritize smoothness from 4-8k rpm’s at the cost of a little vibration at low rpm’s.

OP
OP
ToadSmasher2K1

ToadSmasher2K1

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don’t have a problem with it if mine isn’t the only one. Sounds like that is the case

RCorsa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry guys - mine doesn’t do this vibration thing. Dealer said he made a point to put premium in for first fill up but no idea if that would make any difference

2024RaptorR_NOVA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 24R arrived with nibs in the paint, areas where the factory tried to buff imperfections in the paint prior to release leaving the paint very thin, scratches on all fender flares, scratch on the passenger side door below the side mirror deep enough to catch your nail in, small dent in the passenger front door, other small scratches through out which should buff out, scuff in the front grill, salt corrosion on the suspension aluminum solenoids, salt corrosion/etching on undercarriage, exhaust leak just below passenger compartment, small gap at top of rear fender flares, minor marks/scuffs in interior areas.

This was all directly from the factory as I asked my dealer to not touch it when it arrived, they only did the PDI.

My truck was built Jan 23rd yet sat for “increased QC” for two months before being shipped…..

Completely unacceptable for any new vehicle buy especially at the MSRP of the R.

I wish we had a contact for Ford! Now I am in a waiting game to see how Ford will address all these issues.

Attachments

• IMG_8327.jpeg
    IMG_8327.jpeg
    176.8 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_8326.jpeg
    IMG_8326.jpeg
    151 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_8325.jpeg
    IMG_8325.jpeg
    152.2 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_8368.jpeg
    IMG_8368.jpeg
    201.2 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_8369.jpeg
    IMG_8369.jpeg
    221.1 KB · Views: 57
Last edited:

hamster

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My 24R arrived with nibs in the paint, areas where the factory tried to buff imperfections in the paint prior to release leaving the paint very thin, scratches on all fender flares, scratch on the passenger side door below the side mirror deep enough to catch your nail in, small dent in the passenger front door, other small scratches through out which should buff out, scuff in the front grill, salt corrosion on the suspension aluminum solenoids, salt corrosion/etching on undercarriage, exhaust leak just below passenger compartment, small gap at top of rear fender flares, minor marks/scuffs in interior areas.

This was all directly from the factory as I asked my dealer to not touch it when it arrived, they only did the PDI.

My truck was built Jan 23rd yet sat for “increased QC” for two months before being shipped…..

Completely unacceptable for any new vehicle buy especially at the MSRP of the R.

I wish we had a contact for Ford! Now I am in a waiting game to see how Ford will address all these issues.
I may have left that one with the dealer.