OBD lock

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

STHenry

Full Access Member
Reaction score
While trying to decide what system to use on my Camaro I did research on Ravelco and to my surprise discovered a few vehicles stolen that had the system installed. I also do not want anyone splicing into the wire harness on the car so decided not to do Ravelco. On the Camaro forum a few folks were planning on moving the actual OBD port and wiring in a fake port. I ended up replacing the fuel pump fuse with one controlled by a separate remote you carry in your pocket. They do not seem to have one for the Raptor though.

SurfRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
While trying to decide what system to use on my Camaro I did research on Ravelco and to my surprise discovered a few vehicles stolen that had the system installed. I also do not want anyone splicing into the wire harness on the car so decided not to do Ravelco. On the Camaro forum a few folks were planning on moving the actual OBD port and wiring in a fake port. I ended up replacing the fuel pump fuse with one controlled by a separate remote you carry in your pocket. They do not seem to have one for the Raptor though.
I'm not trying to argue anyone, and as someone who's done basic electronics, I understand how easy it could technically be to defeat. I'm just trying to read about someone's experience with their vehicle being stolen with the Ravelco plug removed and not towed. A quick google search with Camaro stolen with Ravelco brings up nothing?

I just simply wanted to read a forum post of someone's experience with this. Just curious what the story would be and what they thought about how it happened. I remember reading about a jeep that was stolen, but it turned out to be a tow truck that took it.

The Ravelco installer I had was a former electronics in the Navy and while I didn't like the splicing of wires myself I watched as he did a very clean professional installation. I was extremely surprised.

That Fuel Pump product seems like a very cool idea.