No Key Detected

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MachMan2004

Reaction score
Good Afternoon All,
Well here we go, less that 400 miles and a error message. I have a "No Key Detected" error popping up and my unlock with the inner door handle no longer works, I tried with both key fobs and I am getting the same result. Has anyone seen this and/or found a solution?

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Has the truck been sitting for a while? 1) Drive it for a bit and retry. 2) Could be weak/dead key fob batteries. Change and re-attack. 3) Disconnect the truck battery to reset things and re-attack.

I’m certain there’s a thread here covering this…try the search engine. GL

Shane361

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If I put my fob in my pocket with my phone...this happens. I replaced both batteries it still happened. Did some research...common problem...phone interference. Not saying it is your issue...but think it was mine.

JBT9

Reaction score
Anyone else having this issue. Just happened tonight to me. I have already
-replaced key fob battery
-disconnected truck battery for 15 minutes
-fob will auto start the truck but still can't be detected once inside the truck.
-did the cup holder thing, still no joy

Does anyone think the Ford app update has anything to do with this?

This is a strange one.

NJ2020

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone else having this issue. Just happened tonight to me. I have already
-replaced key fob battery
-disconnected truck battery for 15 minutes
-fob will auto start the truck but still can't be detected once inside the truck.
-did the cup holder thing, still no joy

Does anyone think the Ford app update has anything to do with this?

This is a strange one.
I think there's a bulletin out on it, and an OTA update fix. Not sure which module it was for but didn't sound very serious.

NJ2020

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Found the TSB:
TECHNICAL SERVICE BULLETIN
Non-Lightning - Passive Entry Feature Inoperative And/Or "No Key Detected" Message In The IPC
24-2211
08 July 2024​
Model:
Ford
2024 F-150
Non-Lightning
Markets: North American market only

Issue: Some 2024 F-150 non-Lightning vehicles may exhibit passive entry feature inoperative on all doors and/or "No Key Detected" message in the IPC, even though the 12V battery SOC is over 50% and no DTCs are stored in the BCM. This may be due to the software level of the BCM. To correct this condition, follow the Service Procedure to reprogram the BCM using the latest software version of the FDRS scan tool.
Action: Follow the Service Procedure to correct the condition on the vehicles that meet all of the following criteria:

• 2024 F-150 non-Lightning
• Inoperative passive entry feature on all doors and/or "No Key Detected" message in the IPC
• Battery SOC over 50%
• No DTCs stored in the BCM

Warranty Status: Eligible under provisions of New Vehicle Limited Warranty (NVLW)/Service Part Warranty (SPW)/Service Part New Vehicle (SPNV)/Extended Service Plan (ESP) coverage. Limits/policies/prior approvals are not altered by a TSB. NVLW/SPW/SPNV/ESP coverage limits are determined by the identified causal part and verified using the OASIS part coverage tool.
Labor Times
DescriptionOperation No.Time
2024 F-150: Reprogram The BCM Retest Passive Entry (Pass) (Do Not Use With Any Other Labor Operations)
242211A​
0.3 Hrs.​
Repair/Claim Coding
Causal Part:15604
Condition Code:04

JBT9

Reaction score
Thanks so much. Hopefully an easy fix, but curious how I get the truck to the dealer now :) it won't move because of the FOB issue.