No boost!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
But what about muh million mile semi turbos?

All the Gen 2 turbo engine nut swingers assured me that the EB engine turbos last forever.

Hope so, since I have 2 of them now. One engine was just replaced by the dealer under warranty though- so not a good start for that one.

OP
OP
M

Moetor

Reaction score
But what about muh million mile semi turbos?

All the Gen 2 turbo engine nut swingers assured me that the EB engine turbos last forever.

Hope so, since I have 2 of them now. One engine was just replaced by the dealer under warranty though- so not a good start for that one.
Mine is just 45k miles now!
The thing that these two episodes occurred 1 month apart, with the turbos functioning just fine the whole time makes me wonder if it is really a mechanical problem with the turbos…

slimmytimmy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just went to the dealership, apparently there’s some issue in the turbocharger which mandates a new turbos..
No further details just waiting for the full report..
Still hoping that they find minor damage other than the whole turbo..
In the past, I had a similar problem. My waste gate was faulty. My turbo was aftermarket, but the waste gate was factory. While working on the problem, I had multiple people tell me Ford replaced their whole turbo because they did not have parts available. I bet everything will work out well for you.

OP
OP
M

Moetor

Reaction score
In the past, I had a similar problem. My waste gate was faulty. My turbo was aftermarket, but the waste gate was factory. While working on the problem, I had multiple people tell me Ford replaced their whole turbo because they did not have parts available. I bet everything will work out well for you.
Well, apparently mine has a waste gate problem as well
Any updates?
So the code is P25B4, “turbocharge waste gate stuck close”, due to internal failure of the waste gate, just waiting for Ford approval to replace the turbos.. after that am quite sure that am gonna sell the whole car, just had enough bro