New SPD Performance HX Series Raptor Muffler Replacement available to Pre-order at Apollo Optics.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Kyle@Apollo-Optics

Kyle@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Can just the HX muffler be installed to the factory system? If so, are there any vids out there with just the HX muffler only?

It can. It mounts in the factory location and uses the factory tips. I believe a couple posts back some removed the Trombone and used just the HX. I have not heard it that way yet

JCT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
SPD Performance New HX Series Gen 2 Raptor Muffler Replacement is now available for Pre-order here at Apollo Optics. The newly designed muffler from SPD was designed to work in conjunction with SPD’s Trombone resonator delete. The new 304SS muffler features a dual in, dual out design with an X-pipe before the muffler. It mounts in the factory location and connects to your factory exhaust tail section using supplied SPD hardware. This muffler deepens the exhaust note while reducing rasp in the upper RPM.
View attachment 428517

View attachment 428519

View attachment 428521

Video’s below are factory Downpipes, SPD Trombone, and the HX Series Muffler.
This is a pre-order and current lead time is 4-6 weeks.

MSRP is $899

We are also offering package deals on the Trombone and HX muffler together.

Please send me a message if you’re interested in ordering as this muffler is not up on SPD’s or our site yet.

If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to ask. Happy to help go over options to find the best setup for you.
What clamps are folks using to connect the HX muffler to the trombone? The stock ones don’t work great, but I can see that is what OP used. Using the stock clamps on mine, I can see an area where there is likely a slight leak on the drivers side.

SN8KE

Reaction score
What clamps are folks using to connect the HX muffler to the trombone? The stock ones don’t work great, but I can see that is what OP used. Using the stock clamps on mine, I can see an area where there is likely a slight leak on the drivers side.
That was one of my complaints as well when installing my trombone to my OEM muffler as well as when I connected it to my HX-Series muffler. I had air leaks with OEM clamps and third party types of couples/connectors. I settled on using the OEM clamps knowing it’s not a sealed as I would like it.

OP
OP
Kyle@Apollo-Optics

Kyle@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
My stock clamps worked just fine. What is it not doing? If you have a small gap you didn’t pull the Trombone and HX forward far enough. A cheat is use a ratchet strap to pull them together and then tighten the clamps.

JCT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My stock clamps worked just fine. What is it not doing? If you have a small gap you didn’t pull the Trombone and HX forward far enough. A cheat is use a ratchet strap to pull them together and then tighten the clamps.
I will try that trick. I had pushed and tugged to the point where I was convinced that on the drivers side I was not going to get any more than a 1/4" of overlap.