New Member in AZ - Gen 1 - 2014 - Need Guidance!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Hey Everyone,

Been reading this forum and learning for the last 6 months and finally pulled the trigger on purchasing one and need help / guidance!

Overview of Truck I purchased:

Year: 2014
Model: SVT Raptor Crew Cab
Drivetrain: 87,500
Engine: 25,000 miles
Transmission: 25,000
Roush Stage 2: 25,000
801 A luxury
Red Trim interior

In 2021 valve spring broke and got sucked into engine and destroyed engine. Previous owner put in a BRAND NEW LONG block 6.2L at the local dealership.

At that time, he also had the dealer put on a stage 2 roush, and also replaced the transmission!

I talked with the dealer myself and had a pre purchase inspection done, and got a list of items to do.

So, I wanted help to see what would everyone else would do! I want this truck to last so don’t want to skimp on any regular maintenance/ proactive replacements to ensure I don’t have any issues.

I have attached dealers pre purchase inspection list or $3500 of items needing to be done, and there was a sweating on rear diff he said could be from $500-$1500 once they get in there.

Additionally after reading this forum, there was things the the dealer didn’t mention that I had temporarily bring up like:

Fuse 27 relocation issue dealer said $500 more dollars

Also fix shocks have not been rebuilt but it’s been a pavement queen, but on here everyone recommends rebuild every 50,000 miles and being at 87,000 it’s almost twice overdo, and that can run $1500 from what I’ve read on here.

Lastly, the dealership that has done all this work and also did the pre purchase inspection gave me green light to take truck up to Greer, AZ (mountain area).

Bad News: No issues driving up, but next day we are here when I turn on AC the whole truck seems to vibrate , and make a loud humming noise. AC still cold but as soon as I heard the noise, I did not want to leave on as we know that is not normal and the truck has never made that noise before.

In closing -

1. Nice to meet you all and the level of knowledge on this site is amazing.

2. I’m new owner and excited but a little bummed that the first outing there is an AC issue

3. I appreciate everyone’s help and guidance and will do what I can to share my experiences.

4. I’m not a mechanic and am going to trust dealer to do everything but need help ensuring I hold them accountable and don’t get ripped off!

5. Any recommendations on what to do first on this list the dealer recommended (see screenshots) in this post or my replies that shows dealer recommendations.

* but they didn’t say shocks he said shocks looked good but are over manufactured recommendations.

* the fuse relocation I’m sure is priority

* don’t have $7,000 to get it all done (shocks, fuse, and all dealer suggestions) so any prioritization will belp

* tires from 2018 so he recommends replacing but tread was fine at 7 (see report)

* garage kept with temp control so dealer and everyone that has seen the truck can’t believe it’s a 2014 and how clean it looks (don’t want to come across as the truck being a mess, just a lot of maintenance needs to be done).

Attachments

• IMG_3863.jpeg
    IMG_3863.jpeg
    305.4 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_3864.jpeg
    IMG_3864.jpeg
    293.5 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_3865.jpeg
    IMG_3865.jpeg
    277.6 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_3867.jpeg
    IMG_3867.jpeg
    333.5 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_3869.jpeg
    IMG_3869.jpeg
    194.9 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:
OP
OP
2014-Gen1-62V8-Roush
Reaction score
Here are some more pics.

Will update my profile as well!

Thanks,

Brian
Phoenix, AZ

Attachments

• IMG_3868.jpeg
    IMG_3868.jpeg
    192.2 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_3875.png
    IMG_3875.png
    880.9 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_3874.png
    IMG_3874.png
    557 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_3873.png
    IMG_3873.png
    502.1 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_3872.png
    IMG_3872.png
    954.3 KB · Views: 20

HighwaySentinel

︻デ┳═ー - - - - - - -
Reaction score
I'd definitely want to know what causes the truck to shake from turning on the A/C. Also, I'd like to know what they plan on doing during the $700 "engine tune-up". 4 tires for $100 is a steal though. I'd have more confidence in what they say if they could manage to correctly spell the name of the town they are from. If only it matched the name of their dealership. lol

Most of that stuff on the list looks like general maintenance. Do you have a service history on it? OASIS report?

Last edited:

mprice1234

SVT Gen 1 Rules
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum, $500 for the fuse 27 relocation kit is highway robbery! Watch some of the YouTube video's on how to do it and you can get the kit on Amazon for about $20.00. Check your shock bodies for leaking and how is the ride? If no leaks and rides OK, you can wait on the shocks. I would investigate the AC vibration before starting any other repairs until you know what that is and cost to fix.

OP
OP
2014-Gen1-62V8-Roush
Reaction score
I'd definitely want to know what causes the truck to shake from turning on the A/C. Also, I'd like to know what they plan on doing during the $700 "engine tune-up". 4 tires for $100 is a steal though. I'd have more confidence in what they say if they could manage to correctly spell the name of the town they are from. If only it matched the name of their dealership. lol

Most of that stuff on the list looks like general maintenance. Do you have a service history on it? OASIS report?

@HighwaySentinel

So I called Ford that did pre purchase inspection and sent a video of truck noise with AC. Working on figuring that one out now! They telling me it’s climate blower motor and either going bad or something fell into it and needs to be pulled out.

As far as tire cost at $100 / sweating rear diff cost at $0, he didn’t want to put $1500 for new tires and 500-1500 for rear differential issue and hand out a pre purchase inspection that shows $7,000 worth of work needing to be done and “scare me “ away from the car or upset the previous owner who spent $24,000 having the roush / new engine/ new transmission/ and tonneau cover all put on by this same dealer within the last 3 years.

Like you, they said all regular maintenance items that are due and need to be done, but all in all they said clean truck in general.

Dealer said these items needs to be done, in there opinion, but still thought truck was super clean.

Oasis? Did inspection at dealer and pulled car fax and looked through all paperwork of previous maintenance records that dealer had and previous owner had himself. I have all paperwork now.

First time I’m hearing oasis term! Will Google now!

PS - forgot interior pics!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    192.7 KB · Views: 8
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    189.1 KB · Views: 8
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    230.1 KB · Views: 8

TomDirt

FRF Addict
Reaction score
"As far as tire cost at $100 / sweating rear diff cost at $0, he didn’t want to put $1500 for new tires and 500-1500 for rear differential issue".

That "Rear Diff Issue" is the priority. Is it a leak, a grinding sound, or not accelerating normally? Can you pull a sample of the gear oil for lab testing? For around $35 you can get a legit test to see metal particles, burnt oil,& additives, traces of water, etc.