New Leveling Option - SDI Upper Mount

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DTSperanza

Reaction score
SDI top hat is the way to go, do not do the Eibach springs. I’ve done both now and the SDI top hat is the way to go. My 23R was the test truck for Eibach so I got to experience all of the spring options and I recently installed the SDI top hats on my 24R and it’s a night and day difference.
Can you give some examples of the n/day differences?

Appreciate the feedback - thank you.

Stormtrooper

Raptor R
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can you give some examples of the n/day differences?

Appreciate the feedback - thank you.

- The stance is better with just the SDI top hats

- The live valve Fox shocks are not valved and programmed for the Eibach springs which result in a much stiffer ride which in return puts additional stress on the oem top hat when off-roading.

ToadSmasher2K1

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Eibach did on my 23R however on my 24R I left the rear stock which provided a much better ride and overall look in my opinion.
So the SDI top hats level the 24R without changing the rear? I want to keep my rear springs stock.

Stormtrooper

Raptor R
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So the SDI top hats level the 24R without changing the rear? I want to keep my rear springs stock.
Correct. It levels the truck without having to swap out the front and rear springs and also doesn’t preload the front shocks like a spacer does all while increasing the strength of having the billet top hat.

CF109

Reaction score
I'm debating between 1" eibach front springs or SDI tophat, and will be adding 37's. What will have less pre load, ride implications? I will being adding eibach rear springs to keep a rake (for light towing, H. Depot runs etc..)
Debating the same thing.

Johnny@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Debating the same thing.
The top hats will provide less pre-load as the top hats a combination of a top spacer with minor pre-load.

The eibachs will provide a higher spring rate which will result in a slightly stiffer ride. Its not crazy, some people would say its “sportier” which some enjoy it and some dont, depending on how you view it.

Both will fit 37s fine on OEM wheels or most aftermarket offsets down to about 0.

If you have any other specific questions dont hesitate to message me or call us at the shop.

OCGen3

Reaction score
Has anyone come across photos of a 35 Raptor with the SDI top hat and stock rear springs? I have 37's on my truck with Eibachs and thinking about going the SDI setup with eclik but concerned it's going to sit too high in the front for my liking unless I lift the rear, which I don't want to do.

Johnny@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Has anyone come across photos of a 35 Raptor with the SDI top hat and stock rear springs? I have 37's on my truck with Eibachs and thinking about going the SDI setup with eclik but concerned it's going to sit too high in the front for my liking unless I lift the rear, which I don't want to do.

It levels out pretty well, Ill try to dig up some pics for you but we’ve had plenty of customers run this exact set up. Its quite popular and we have some eClik kits in stock too!