New from Missouri

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

raptor2012

Full Access Member
Reaction score
there isn't much of anything. I'm trying to do the Snoball 500 in January but they are giving first dibs to last years participants and the people who did the havoc run. there are only 65 spots so I might be out of luck.

OP
OP
skee

skee

Reaction score
I'm in St. Louis.

Thanks for the welcome and link to the DIY articles. Plenty to fantasize about while I wait. Official production date is set for the week of 11/11.

Any suggestions on how to prep for the Sno-Ball 500 from people who ran it last year?

Figured I'd start by setting it up with the general off road gear:
- Jerry Cans
- Shovel
- Fire Extinguisher
- Jack w/ Skid Plate
- Shackles & Tow Straps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

---------- Post added at 09:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:49 PM ----------

Ouch. Only 65 spots?

Labraptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
there isn't much of anything. I'm trying to do the Snoball 500 in January but they are giving first dibs to last years participants and the people who did the havoc run. there are only 65 spots so I might be out of luck.

75 spots total. 9 filled already by people who have done all GLRE events. Last years SnoBall drivers (57) get the next chance to register. Supposed to be early this week. After a week open to us then it opens up to anyone. First come first reserved. No dibs or favors.
Good luck, keep an eye on expedition forum for announcement soon. Most but not all last years drivers can make it for sure. That could mean approximately 20 spots up for grabs.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
OP
OP
skee

skee

Reaction score
Thanks for the additional info. I'll keep an eye on the forum. Good to know there'll be some spots available for new drivers.

Labraptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm in St. Louis.

Thanks for the welcome and link to the DIY articles. Plenty to fantasize about while I wait. Official production date is set for the week of 11/11.

Any suggestions on how to prep for the Sno-Ball 500 from people who ran it last year?

Figured I'd start by setting it up with the general off road gear:
- Jerry Cans
- Shovel
- Fire Extinguisher
- Jack w/ Skid Plate
- Shackles & Tow Straps

---------- Post added at 09:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:49 PM ----------

Ouch. Only 65 spots?

Vhf radio is required this time. Group buy from Jason at GLRE in progress now. You will need to secure a spare in the bed. Too much time needed to get it out from under the truck if something happens. That would stop everyone as trails are single track. Not required but snacks and non alcoholic beverages are a good idea. On the trails a long time in the middle of nowhere. Check out the GLRE website. It lists required and recommended items.
I would highly recommend some off road lighting.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

OP
OP
skee

skee

Reaction score
VHF radio is already covered. I figured relocating the spare was a given due to conditions and running single track.

Lights are in the plan but I haven't settled on a particular configuration yet. I'll check out the lighting mod forum and last years Snoball chat to see what setups worked well.

Thanks again for all the extra info.

6gun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome from a Missouri-gander.... we swap time from Michigan and Missouri. Have a lake house down by Shell Knob. As far as lighting, we opted for a 40" LED light bar with spot beam config. Dam thing throws amazing light like out 200 yards of pure, blinding, white light. Lights spills off to the sides as well so anything in front of the truck for 180 degrees is visible. Every time I switch it on, I giggle like a little kid....

Pic below is Saints Offroad's truck, but I have same bumper and light bar. I highly recommend these guys, they are amazing.

Attachments

• cloudy_13_-_Version_2_1024x1024.jpg
    cloudy_13_-_Version_2_1024x1024.jpg
    138.9 KB · Views: 27
Last edited: