New Battery Time?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bullet Bob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just had my battery replaced at 20K miles on my 2022 Raptor. It was doing a lot of weird things. I was getting the low battery warning occasionally. The battery generally tested at ~ 12.1v-12.5v The door locks wouldn't work properly, the garage door opener wouldn't work from time to time and a myriad of other gremlins. Took it to the dealership and they said it needed a new battery, so it was replaced under warranty. The truck is 2 years old.
Everything has been fine since then. The odd thing is that I recently tested the new battery and it's only testing at 12.5v. My truck is constantly making all kinds of odd mechanical noises while its sitting alone in the garage, even if the key fob isn't around it. I think all of the electronic BS on these trucks is affecting the battery life.

OP
OP
Donmatteo

Donmatteo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
IMG_1674.jpeg
This is the battery they put in. Part number BAGM-94RH7-800. Label looked completely different than the one the truck came with.

I am nearly 100% sure the battery that came with the truck new was a H6

Hal993

Reaction score
H7 with 800CCAs is the appropriate battery for these trucks. I think Ford's BMS is ... not a great implementation of a good idea.