Need Repair Advice

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

julian_s

Reaction score
Hey guys, this is my first post on the forum. Need some advice!!

I had a little accident yesterday while rock crawling with my raptor and I ended up hitting the passenger side fender flare as well as a little bit of the front bumper.

The fender flare is scratched up pretty bad and they’re pretty deep. It’s almost $1000 CAD for the flare from Ford.

I went to a body shop and they gave me a quote for $1700 CAD including taxes to repair the flare as well as the bumper. Bumper would have to be pulled out a little bit and taken off to be repaired and refinished. More or less the same for the fender flare.

I’ve attached both pictures of the damages and a picture of the quote the body shop gave me. What do you guys think? Do I go for it?
IMG_4692.jpgIMG_4690.jpegIMG_4689-min.jpg

bakwaas4eva

Reaction score
If your going to continue rock crawling and taking your truck off road leave it... think of it as battle scars or refreshing reminders when your out of the truck...

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
That'll buff out !
start with 60 grit sandpaper & move up from there!
If your going to continue rock crawling and taking your truck off road leave it... think of it as battle scars or refreshing reminders when your out of the truck...
I’d probably get the bumper fixed but again, if there’s more off roading in the future, troll flea-bay for fender flares.

8250_RPM

Reaction score
I’d pull the bumper and go with something that offers better clearance, especially if you’re rock crawling unless you like the OEM look, that is.

OP
OP
J

julian_s

Reaction score
start with 60 grit sandpaper & move up from there!

I’d probably get the bumper fixed but again, if there’s more off roading in the future, troll flea-bay for fender flares.
I got a quote for much less and I’m just gonna go ahead and get it fixed up. I doubt I could fix it up myself.