Need Help with Replacement Engine

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Cookie_Monster
Reaction score
Bump -

If anyone knows for sure - I'm still trying to confirm the cams in the 6.2 Raptor / F250 / F350 / E350 / Remanufactured Engines - are all the same [lobes / performance] and that I do not need to replace cams in the remanufatured E350 engine I got to go back into my Raptor. The old [sludged] engine is out and I want to address cams before the new engine goes back in, but it sounds like this is not necessary. Thanks in advance!

Does anyone have the technical specs on the 'various' cams in the 6.2L? It sounds like there is only one cam design for all of the 6.2L variants. Any way to confirm this?

What I've gathered so far is

OE Production heads (Specific to Raptor)
AL3Z-6250-F
AL3Z-6250-E

Remanufactured heads (FC3Z head part number prefix):
GU7Z-6250-A
GU7Z-6250-B

For F-250 / F-350 / E-350
FC3Z-6250-A; FC3Z-6250-C
FC3Z-6250-B; FC3Z-6250-D

Can anyone confirm all 3 of these sets are the same or are the Raptor versions different? Anyone have the actual specs on these?

Canuck714

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Bump -

If anyone knows for sure - I'm still trying to confirm the cams in the 6.2 Raptor / F250 / F350 / E350 / Remanufactured Engines - are all the same [lobes / performance] and that I do not need to replace cams in the remanufatured E350 engine I got to go back into my Raptor. The old [sludged] engine is out and I want to address cams before the new engine goes back in, but it sounds like this is not necessary. Thanks in advance!
I don't have numbers, but the E class and Super-Duty 6.2's definitely have a different cam grind then the Raptor.

Canuck714

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I’m getting conflicting info on this. How do you know this to be true and not just hearsay?

Thanks!
An F150 6.2 carries AL3Z 6250 F or E depending on right or left. The F250 uses a BC3Z 6250 B or C depending on right or left. Not the same part number.
Here is some more hearsay... I was told the exhaust duration is different on SD to help TQ vs HP so that would make the part number differences make some sense.
I do not know the cam specs for them, maybe a call to Daniel Crower could shine some light as he regrinds our Raptor cams.

OP
OP
Cookie_Monster
Reaction score
An F150 6.2 carries AL3Z 6250 F or E depending on right or left. The F250 uses a BC3Z 6250 B or C depending on right or left. Not the same part number.
Here is some more hearsay... I was told the exhaust duration is different on SD to help TQ vs HP so that would make the part number differences make some sense.
I do not know the cam specs for them, maybe a call to Daniel Crower could shine some light as he regrinds our Raptor cams.

Thank you - I'm getting everything from 'Theyre the same and different SAE tests = different power numbers' to 'Extra oil channel for F250/F350' to 'More torque vs. HP in Super Duty'. But I've not found anyone yet who knows for sure.

Do you happen have a contact number for Daniel Crowder? (can PM to me if necessary)

So far I have:

OE Production cams - Raptor / F150
AL3Z-6250-F
AL3Z-6250-E

F250 OEM
BC3Z-6250-B
BC3Z-6250-C

Cams for remanufactured heads - which I have now (FC3Z head part number prefix):
GU7Z-6250-A
GU7Z-6250-B

Canuck714

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thank you - I'm getting everything from 'Theyre the same and different SAE tests = different power numbers' to 'Extra oil channel for F250/F350' to 'More torque vs. HP in Super Duty'. But I've not found anyone yet who knows for sure.

Do you happen have a contact number for Daniel Crowder? (can PM to me if necessary)

So far I have:

OE Production cams - Raptor / F150
AL3Z-6250-F
AL3Z-6250-E

F250 OEM
BC3Z-6250-B
BC3Z-6250-C

Cams for remanufactured heads - which I have now (FC3Z head part number prefix):
GU7Z-6250-A
GU7Z-6250-B
He has done regrinds for several people in Raptor world. Super smart dude to talk to, will reply to you via email as well.
Pretty sure the differences in the SD and Raptor 6.2 cam is a very subtle difference as well as ECU tuning.

Check out Bubbleheads build.. Cody Dawson at Perfect Circle may also know the cam specs.

Last edited:

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'd recommend you put your old intake setup on the SD longblock and roll out. Nobody knows for sure.

OP
OP
Cookie_Monster
Reaction score
"Nobody knows for sure."

Ain't that the truth.

I've since discovered with a reasonable degree of confidence that the longblocks are identical including the cam specs and phasers (which I've confirmed). The SD long block is going into my Raptor with all of the original Raptor ancillary parts (intake / exhaust / oil filter mount, etc). With the Raptor ECU / OEM tuning, we should be back to Raptor performance levels.