nav-tv front camera/vim bypass

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

motenai

Reaction score
Just received my nav-tv unit yesterday in the mail, thaks for the quick turnaround! Now I have to study the disassembly videos again to determine if I should try to undertake this myself or pay someone waaay more competent than me to do it. Unfortunately, lack of proper trim removal tools and no experience in car audio electronics may steer me toward the latter. Anyone know of a decent car audio installer in the Orlando Florida area?

OP
OP
The Car Stereo Company

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy and frf rolodex
Supporting Member
Reaction score
if any of you are having issues with your nav tv unit, please contact me. i have come across a wiring issue where the bcm and activation wire were mislabeled. nothing major, but it will cause issues of not being able to access the rear camera. this has happened only twice so far, but it could be present for some of the units that i have sent out. from now on, i will be checking each harness before it gets shipped to verify the correct pin location.

FastEddie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if any of you are having issues with your nav tv unit, please contact me. i have come across a wiring issue where the bcm and activation wire were mislabeled. nothing major, but it will cause issues of not being able to access the rear camera. this has happened only twice so far, but it could be present for some of the units that i have sent out. from now on, i will be checking each harness before it gets shipped to verify the correct pin location.

Is there something we can inspect to see if it might have this problem?

OP
OP
The Car Stereo Company

The Car Stereo Company

Supporting Member
Reaction score
there is, i will need to get pics, but my truck is not here. there are 2 orange wires in the module a harness one is labeled activation and the other is bcm. it has happened twice now that the labels were switched. the issue that arises is that you can not activate the rear camera. if this happens then the wires need to be swapped. pics when i get my truck back

REKIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Which post, or thread has a synopsis of what this does 1200 posts, are a lot to read through? Based on the youtube video I watched it looks like it allows you to turn on the rear or front camera at any time....is this correct?

If so, put me on the list for a 2012. I can paypal whenever.

Thanks!

BAJASVT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ok, I'm finally getting around to installing my Nav-TV unit in my 2014. The install instructions are decent and I'm sure they'd get me through the installation, but they don't cover everything... like what the additional wire pigtails are for.

There are seven wire pigtails:
1) Pin 6 - Blue - Labeled "Camera" - This goes to the front camera harness.
2) Pin 16 - Orange - Labeled "BCM" - This also goes to the front camera harness.
3) Pin 3 - Blue - Labeled "Input 2" - Optional: Apply +12V and this will force the rear camera.
4) Pin 4 - Orange - Not labeled, but it's Input 3 - Optional: Apply +12V and this will force the VIM. What is VIM?
5) Pin 2 - Red - Labeled "Input 1" - What is this for?
6) Pin 12 - Blue/White - Labeled "Output 2" - What is this for?
7) Pin 13 - White - Labeled "Output 3" - What is this for?

Also, is 20 AWG wire large enough for the two wires that run up to the front camera harness?

Last edited:
OP
OP
The Car Stereo Company

The Car Stereo Company

Supporting Member
Reaction score
the only wires you need to use are the blue and orange wires labeled camera and bcm. the rest are not necessary. the camera wire goes to the camera side of the cut wire under the hood. the bcm wire goes to the vehicle side of the same cut wire. the activations wires are if you want to trigger the cameras through an aux switch, which i find to be a waste of an aux switch