GEN 2 My Turn for Pinion Bearing?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

screaminfast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After a long trip to Florida and back, I started getting a speed-dependent hum in the back. Thanks to FRF, I’m pretty sure it’s something in the diff. Called up my local dealer who replaced my transmission under warranty to check on my ESP and it looks like I’m good until 75k miles.

I, of course, have 74,100 on the truck. So I’ve got an appt Saturday to have it checked out. Going to have them address any ticking or sounds from the engine as well (most likely just wg rattle) while I can still have things done under warranty.

Anyways, I’ll have them install my B&M rear diff cover while they’re in there. Should I try to get some Redline 75w-85 over to them or just let them refill with the motorcraft gear oil?

Anything else I should have them look at while I’m covered? I know I need a shock rebuild but I’m not sure if that would be covered.

Thanks!

Rick at FMS

aka:Rick @ FreedomMotorsports
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I just had my pinion bearing replaced at 40k, it was pitted really bad. They went ahead and overhauled it with all new bearings and seals. I let them use motorcraft but I also had them replace both axle bearings too. Rebuilding the shocks isn't anything that I have ever seen a dealership do, they aren't setup for that. They will replace but don't think worn shocks would be covered under any warranty.

Attachments

• IMG_7160.jpeg
    IMG_7160.jpeg
    230.8 KB · Views: 10