My ears are hurting - B&O sound system goes crazy - *safety issue*

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cjhoneyman

Reaction score
I occasionally got the loud pop and brief static that went away after a few seconds. However yesterday, it went full static and wouldn't stop. Turned it off and on multiple times, with no luck. Drove it directly to the dealer with earplugs in. They happily informed me that it would be 3 weeks before they could look at it. I got back in it and it wasn't making the noise anymore, so I left with an appt scheduled for end of July.

Mine has the current over-the-air software, but is there a different software update or module update they can do that might prevent it in the future? If I take it to my dealer without any direction, they'll just give it back to me after 3 days saying they couldn't replicate it.

Shark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I occasionally got the loud pop and brief static that went away after a few seconds. However yesterday, it went full static and wouldn't stop. Turned it off and on multiple times, with no luck. Drove it directly to the dealer with earplugs in. They happily informed me that it would be 3 weeks before they could look at it. I got back in it and it wasn't making the noise anymore, so I left with an appt scheduled for end of July.

Mine has the current over-the-air software, but is there a different software update or module update they can do that might prevent it in the future? If I take it to my dealer without any direction, they'll just give it back to me after 3 days saying they couldn't replicate it.
The DSP module has to be updated with FDRS and I don't think this one is sent OTA (over-the-air). I just happen to have all the hardware and software to run FDRS at home and did mine a couple weeks ago. Fingers crossed it is actually fixed this time.