miles per gallon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Yoshi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It does get good mileage for a truck with 35's. I think I got 18 mph hwy on a 1k mile trip under 75 mph. City 12.

Bhollier

FRF Addict
Reaction score
How many miles on it? Took a few thousand for my ‘18 to break in (I suppose) & mileage started noticeably improving.

Also- it’s pretty clear these trucks much prefer 93 octane, Better mpg by .5-1 for me.

I have 12.5k now- no mods other than colder SP542 plugs & moving my license plate to keep IC cooler. That was only recently...I’m averaging 15.5 - that’s for all 12,500 miles

Going over 70-72 on the hwy mileage really seems to drop off, and I can’t help but be 78-80 most of the time.

Just rolled 30k on mine and I have only driven it steady for about a year. My mileage will be much less since my engine has been heavily modified, not fuel efficient, all power. Running 37's with everything else doesn't help much either. The first week I had my truck I was doing about 15 to 16. I also drive 75-80 mph and run 93 octane always with an occasional 100 octane fill up at the track.

Bhollier

FRF Addict
Reaction score
???? Tanks friggin huge. I can’t imagine there’s even a regular passenger vehicle out there w/ a larger one.

36 gallons ain’t enough?

I wish I had at least 50 gals. I miss my F250, had 65 gals and would get 800-900 miles between refueling. Will be going back to a F350 in a few months for my highway truck.

David Godbee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here we go again with another gas mileage thread. If your worried about mileage you “should” have bought a Prius! No the tanks not big enough, it’s a truck to drive like you stole it, it weighs 3 tons, it runs like a scalded dog, and I justcan’t Get enough of driving it. Stop worrying about mileage and feed the beast you’ve got and have some fun man. Dang I need to get some gas. Gotta go-

Bhollier

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Here we go again with another gas mileage thread. If your worried about mileage you “should” have bought a Prius! No the tanks not big enough, it’s a truck to drive like you stole it, it weighs 3 tons, it runs like a scalded dog, and I justcan’t Get enough of driving it. Stop worrying about mileage and feed the beast you’ve got and have some fun man. Dang I need to get some gas. Gotta go-

Amen!

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score

Exactly, before you know it, the Gen2 forums will degrade into Jennifer ***** fest.
If you’re worried about MPGEEEEES, you need a Jennifer
One and ONLY gas mileage thread please

Don’t let the Gen2 forums sink that low.

;-)
<joking here folks>

David1986

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have no idea what mine gets. I changed the screen on the dash to off road mode and never toggle back to look at it. Works great for me, so I don’t have to think about it.

I also commute in a Ford C-Max, similar to a Prius!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alotajs