Mid Perch and MODS for new Screw

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

raptorchris14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have been doing a lot of reading on this site with regards to the mods of the Raptors and I want to get some opinions. I have on order a 2014 Screw (see footer) and have already lined up a couple of mods for the truck.
1. New Exhaust ( Magnaflow 1588)
2. NAVTV
3. Weathertech floor mats

Now I am wondering about the mid-perch. Is that really needed if I am going to be doing about 95% street driving? I am not a huge off road guy, but I fell in love with the looks of the Raptor and had to have it. The mid perch I am wondering if it is something that I really need. Can someone explain this to me?

What about adding a new cold air intake to the truck? Benefits?

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
You don't necessarily need mid perch. Modifications are all about user preference. It'll make the truck look better by raising the front a little so it's more even with the back. It'll also improve the drop when braking. It won't compress down as much. I'm drawing a blank on what that is called.

mudblood

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If you want your truck to sit about level the "mid perch" is a must. If not then it is not necessary. Some folks actually like the truck to have a 'downward angle". I myself want the truck as level as possible. Now some folks will argue the point but a aftermarket intake is really gonna get you a bit of a change in sound. Not much if anything in the power catagory (here is where folks like to argue). Then you have to take it off for every visit to the dealer, unless you don't care about the warranty. Oh...and "cold air" is simply a misnomer. You don't lower the temp of the air the intake is ingesting at all. Kind of like "ram air" intakes that do not "ram" air anywhere.

OP
OP
R

raptorchris14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you want your truck to sit about level the "mid perch" is a must. If not then it is not necessary. Some folks actually like the truck to have a 'downward angle". I myself want the truck as level as possible. Now some folks will argue the point but a aftermarket intake is really gonna get you a bit of a change in sound. Not much if anything in the power catagory (here is where folks like to argue). Then you have to take it off for every visit to the dealer, unless you don't care about the warranty. Oh...and "cold air" is simply a misnomer. You don't lower the temp of the air the intake is ingesting at all. Kind of like "ram air" intakes that do not "ram" air anywhere.

Thanks mudblood, I think I will do some more research on it and see what my options are. Definitely don't want to void the warranty. I think I will be doing the mid perch when I get it. I need to find a place to get it done. I do have my mechanic that could possibly do it, just want to make sure the job gets done right.

Reptar

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My truck is 99.99% on-road. No places around here to really take it close by, and if I have enough spare time for leisure driving, I'm burning rubber in my harley truck, not flinging mud in the raptor lol.

Did the mid perch last year, KHC did the work, and love the new stance. Truck sits level, made a negligable difference in ride quality, it just now sits like it should have fromthe factory. Must-do mod!

OP
OP
R

raptorchris14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My truck is 99.99% on-road. No places around here to really take it close by, and if I have enough spare time for leisure driving, I'm burning rubber in my harley truck, not flinging mud in the raptor lol.

Did the mid perch last year, KHC did the work, and love the new stance. Truck sits level, made a negligable difference in ride quality, it just now sits like it should have fromthe factory. Must-do mod!

Perfect, that is what i needed to know! Thanks!

GotExhaust.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I have been doing a lot of reading on this site with regards to the mods of the Raptors and I want to get some opinions. I have on order a 2014 Screw (see footer) and have already lined up a couple of mods for the truck.
1. New Exhaust ( Magnaflow 1588)
2. NAVTV
3. Weathertech floor mats

Now I am wondering about the mid-perch. Is that really needed if I am going to be doing about 95% street driving? I am not a huge off road guy, but I fell in love with the looks of the Raptor and had to have it. The mid perch I am wondering if it is something that I really need. Can someone explain this to me?

What about adding a new cold air intake to the truck? Benefits?

An intake, namely the aFe which seems to be most popular with the Raptor crowd will add a seat of the pants power increase, but a tune is recommended and will net you the best power gains/results.

A tune isn't required for just the cat-back. I think you mean the Magnaflow 15588 which we have available and on sale through the end of the month. Feel free to send a PM for package pricing and any other questions you have.

mudblood

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks mudblood, I think I will do some more research on it and see what my options are. Definitely don't want to void the warranty. I think I will be doing the mid perch when I get it. I need to find a place to get it done. I do have my mechanic that could possibly do it, just want to make sure the job gets done right.

Doing your homework is smart. Doing the mid perch and there are instructions with pics in the suspension section takes only about thirty minutes with a lift and the right equipment. Any shop that has a spring compressor and a few simple tools can do this. Any shop that works with shocks can do the job just take them the instructions on this site with pics. If you don't want to chance your warranty then you will be somewhat limited on what you can modify. Good luck and enjoy!!

ramx50

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Where in Boston are you? I know a couple good shops in the area that have done work on my truck.