Magnaflow muffler vs. cat-back exhaust system

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

quikag

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I put exhaust on every car I’ve owned. Heck, I put a Magnaflow muffler (good stuff) on my wife’s LX570 Lexus. The muffler shop guy said, “Never worked on one of these, most owners want their Lexus to stay quiet.” :D

Anyway, just say no to louder exhaust on the Gen 2 Raptor. :D. :D My 2019 will stay stock, I actually am thinking about putting the Limited muffler on it to make it quieter but still flow enough for the 450hp. ;)

Edbert

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Every time I hear a truck with a deep V8 sound, it still makes me wish we had a V8 instead......
I was ALWAYS the kind of guy who said "screw your turbos I want an NA-V8" as that is what I knew and what I owned. But the most "mature" car I ever bought changed my mind. Handling was more impressive than power-plant but, staying on subject, that straight-6 twin screw turbo was amazing! There are some but very few arguments I can make about the NA-V8 being superior to a TT-6, the one glaring example is the exhaust note.

Then again I think it is easy for me to have the TT-6 for daily use because I have this for the weekends.

tm7GAY-dl5z9ZAu5PgMdONB25y_kUdQbzCBz2LLIlJmPmOnRaDb4w6v6qh0Pxwn7wczp-oxHe__5VNmjYvhQyajtMGhql9S-Hj7K62iPcqUjznSYYnihBJ4RXv6VQR6P_ycsyDqpHFupXshAlh6UFLlnnYW3T7lgNoxajTxTKHhkQt-m5JfdLgxWioNaA2zVDF0blnS-hzZYfvEHV-o8bXJenuKXB7OSyTL-MMSx9teW4HM0yqXgw94Hlyfa-rO1l25YfExGd5gUAmcqt52oTPF02BwprWFGsORmKlG44uR-N7IHJIrEuYFHvI6Je-1jfcCGYppxSnias71Oaj2Dy3OIrS4y2qoB0BtedNXKah-IN_LgZmEsy71riEVj3wWv92P3jTC_vOdQe4QYzoNbWRUhkKJdufK24Pm0k_3w5eKaaFPiCn_K6px7OVh0_e1d305DLVRnoOfN1cpln4RnCPPaD_Dca41ShKUFu7a5sJcS-6b0_ucLVpaa3WFehNHsS7lWoiBvFEUed9AhXS68fLmXRHkXgq1wt9x_TPlPneMbCxjKOkXpaR0wPGmJjCilTkWQkxcvMHZDZt5nf3BrTRHXSBJgfmMTYfB9ZxgXhic379MHet8GNJhpfshoMhXiiGnqDGWqtkE3t0lPGAamQetBzhBujUBol1J8aYESWD8mdpFnVdSXvw=w1082-h812-no

Woolaroc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Granted the sound of the V8 is amazing, but when rubber meets the road the Gen 2 V6TT is far superior. I view the "sound" as any other accessory that doesn't add to performance. It's the same as adding a bed rack or fog lights in my opinion.

/I know there are exhaust systems that help with sounds AND add performance. But this still beats out the "I'm only going V8 because it sounds better" argument.

Woolaroc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
let me cry V8 tears onto my 600+ft/lbs of torque @ ~2,500 RPM.....

Tell me more about how it sounds though

If numbers on paper don't convince people then the countless youtube videos of V8 F-150 vs 3.5 F-150 or Gen 1 vs Gen 2 raptors should!

goblues38

FRF Addict
Reaction score
This is the muffler "system" i was thinking about, it's only like $500
What do you guys think, i kinda like the sound, it's not only louder, but also deeper.. (at least with headphones lol)

Wouldn't mind a vid showing the startup difference xrocket21 is talking about, anyone got a link?

Any drone with that setup?

Drone is the only thing that keeps me from messing with the exhaust at all.

Woolaroc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is the muffler "system" i was thinking about, it's only like $500
What do you guys think, i kinda like the sound, it's not only louder, but also deeper.. (at least with headphones lol)

Wouldn't mind a vid showing the startup difference xrocket21 is talking about, anyone got a link?

Where are you seeing the Magnaflow cat back for 500? It's nearly 1k everywhere I look.

Joefadams

Reaction score
Have the magnaflow black cat back, S&B intake and turbo smart bov on my 18 screw over a year now. Couldn’t be happier. Not overpowering like the atak definitely deepens it a bit and increased turbo spool sound with the S&B

Jeff Boone

Reaction score
What’s the quietest best performing exhaust system or muffler for a gen 2? I’m older and appreciate “stealthy” performance:)