Low torque at WOT no fault codes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

downforce137

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Foxwell NT510 ford diagnostic tool. It’s not an Autozone scanner. I have 2 way control, can program modules, reset adaptation tables, view live data etc. I’ve hand checked all of the common areas for leaks etc. everything is tight and sealed. I suspect the ecu is pulling timing for some reason, and I suspect maybe weak ignition coils and plugs. I’m going to replace both and report back. I live in Massachusetts, they’re isn’t a Raptor community here ( despite seeing them daily lol)
you can watch all these things on a forscan datalog is why i was asking.. boost pressure, timing advance and so on...

not sure that scan tool will do the graphs and things, but forscan on a laptop for sure will..

OP
OP
R

Raptor_Kiwi2

Reaction score
^^^^
THIS.
pay attention.
I don’t have forscan or a laptop. You don’t have to be condescending either, instructing me to pay attention. I am aware how live pid’s work and how to understand/diagnose from them, I just don’t have the ability. Forums have always been a resource for information ( at least on the bmw side) without the condescending undertone. Appreciate the responses but I might delete the post

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
my intent was not to talk down to you and if it came across that way, I apologize. I was trying to draw attention to his post and nothing more, because I believe he’s on to something relevant.

Keep in mind though- if we didn’t want to help, we’d have never responded in the first place.

FordTechOne

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Foxwell NT510 ford diagnostic tool. It’s not an Autozone scanner. I have 2 way control, can program modules, reset adaptation tables, view live data etc. I’ve hand checked all of the common areas for leaks etc. everything is tight and sealed. I suspect the ecu is pulling timing for some reason, and I suspect maybe weak ignition coils and plugs. I’m going to replace both and report back. I live in Massachusetts, they’re isn’t a Raptor community here ( despite seeing them daily lol)
As others have mentioned, I’d highly recommend getting ForScan. The software is free and the adapter is only $50 on Amazon. As a Master BMW tech, diagnose it just like you would any other driveability/engine performance issue using the available PIDs.

You can purchase a 72 hour subscription to Ford service information from the Motorcraft Servive website and download/print all the applicable diagnostic PPTs, PID specs, wiring diagrams, etc.

letsgetthisdone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Make sure the engine air filter is clean, and check for boost leaks (actually check, as in with a pressurized smoke machine).

When looking at data, you're going to want to be able to see commanded vs actual torque, and log the engine management PID's that tell you why the ECU is reducing torque (if it is). Torque source, spark source, throttle angle source, etc

Could be something as simple as its jumping in and out of FMEM because of wonky sensor reading somewhere, which is causing a performance issue but isn't far enough out to cause a code.