Low oil pressure warning light

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JohnStirewalt

Reaction score
Greetings all.
I purchased a 2017 Raptor last summer with 13,500 miles on it. All was well until this past summer when I was driving to work, the low oil pressure light came on. The truck was running fine, and I continued to work. When I got to work, I checked the oil(full), no leaks, and got a ride to the local dealer. I told the "behind the desk employee" about the light. His response was "It's probably just an oil pressure sensor". He said it was fine to drive. I told him I live approximately 25 miles away, and he assured me it would be fine. He told me to bring it back the following morning. Needless to say, all was not fine, halfway home the light came on again and this time it stayed on and started to run extremely rough. I was able to get it to a safe place to pull over and the engine shut down. The engine had blown. The oil pump had failed, and the engine was replaced with a new long block from Ford. The dealership admitted fault, thankfully! I guess I'm just saying, don't drive the truck if the low oil pressure light comes on, unless you know for sure it is indeed the sensor!! Just wanted to throw this out there in case anyone else is experiencing the same issue.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Welcome to FRF & thank you for the PSA.

Pictures of the Raptor or it’s really a prius :cool: