GEN 2 Loss of power

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

c_phillips02

Reaction score
2017 raptor is stock besides catch can.
Driving 60+ and roll into the throttle truck will lose power and fall on its face. Truck will build boost but has no power. Floor it and still no power but notice boost is down at wot when it’s doing this. Then other times it will drive just fine and have plenty of power. Seems to be worse when the truck is warmed up. No check engine light or codes. Doesn’t stutter or shake like a misfire. Replaced plugs, air filter and oil level is good. In attached video I am giving it a good amount of throttle to just hold speed on a flat road before I floor it. Anybody have a similar issue?

Truck is pulling timing bad. Watch the spark knock in the video. Truck is backing the throttle down to 50% when WOT. Have zero misfires and can’t hear any pinging. Fresh plugs, air filter and run 93 octane. Could I be getting false knock?

Last edited:
OP
OP
C

c_phillips02

Reaction score
Your IAT2 (downstream) temperature is high, the PCM is pulling timing to protect itself from detention.
What's your outside temperature?
I’m in central Texas and today was around 95*. Would it pull that much timing to make it feel like it loses 50% power? I have forscan also so I can check to see what it’s showing.

thatJeepguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What fuel do you typically use? Cats plugged?
I’m in central Texas and today was around 95*. Would it pull that much timing to make it feel like it loses 50% power? I have forscan also so I can check to see what it’s showing.
Your IAT2 (downstream) temperature is high, the PCM is pulling timing to protect itself from detention.
What's your outside temperature?
All these i initailly thought cracked end tank on his IC. Hook up a scanner and see if your shutters are opening. Or you can remote start and warch them cycle.

OP
OP
C

c_phillips02

Reaction score
All these i initailly thought cracked end tank on his IC. Hook up a scanner and see if your shutters are opening. Or you can remote start and warch them cycle.
They do cycle after remote starting it. Maybe the one in front of the intercooler is closing while driving and killing my IAT. I’ll hook up the scanner and watch the shutters and IAT when it acts up.