LED light bar behind the grill

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NJSP117

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, if you're looking for a bolt-in solution, we're got our pre-order list up and running. This kit allows you to fit a 30" Baja Designs S8 light bar behind your grille.

Pricing for the kits should be available soon. If you have questions or would like to get on the pre-order list, please feel free to shoot me a PM.

Would a 30" Rigid work as well? I have a 30" and a 40" that I took off of my Gen 1.
Can you add me to the preorder list?

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Would a 30" Rigid work as well? I have a 30" and a 40" that I took off of my Gen 1.

Can you add me to the preorder list?

I don't think so. Even the OnX6 light bar is too big to fit inside the 30" bracket location.

Which Rigid do you have? I imagine the only light that might fit would be the SR-Series. If it's the E-Series, it will not fit without making modifications to the grille or shutters.

---------- Post added at 06:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:58 AM ----------

Same here!

Sending you a PM now!

Huck

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So did some research...

The baja designs S8 - 3.0" deep
VisionX - PrimeXmitter - 3.3" deep
Whelen continuum - 3.04" deep

So if the S8 fits between the girll and the louvers. the whelen should for sure, and its a guess about the VisionX.

I didnt look at rigid because it didnt have them on my gen1

RaceDeck

Reaction score
Do you have any pictures of how you are mounting this in behing the grill ?

Hey guys, if you're looking for a bolt-in solution, we're got our pre-order list up and running. This kit allows you to fit a 30" Baja Designs S8 light bar behind your grille.

Here's a shot of what the light looks like installed:
31582606923_af2b541657_k.jpg
32270249471_5b9af5b8d5_k.jpg

Pricing for the kits should be available soon. If you have questions or would like to get on the pre-order list, please feel free to shoot me a PM.

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Do you have any pictures of how you are mounting this in behing the grill ?

Hey there. Thanks for your question. We don't have pictures yet, but I have confirmed with Baja Designs that the mounting kits will be bolt-in. No drilling required.

hewster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There are active shutters on both the main rad and intercooler.

I am in the process if test fitting lights myself

Copp5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mounted 2 12" rough country lights behind the grille last night.. I'm going to call it the header panel where the shutters are. that structure and the grille bolt together, separated them took out a couple of the shutters and fabed up a couple of very simple brackets and mounted the light bars to the headerpanel and then bolted that and the grille back together.. didn't grab any pictures during the process (too focused on how we were gonna do this hahaha) but I'll grab some of the finished.. the black rough country lights looks good behind the grille!