Leasing vs buying

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nanujain

Reaction score
New to the forum. Anyone lease theirs? What is the residual at the end of term? I tried searching but didn’t see anything. Thanks!

Frogger22

“Not all who wander are lost” Tolkien
Reaction score
Ford doesn’t lease raptors but even if they did you shouldn’t. If you can’t afford to buy it then you should just get something else. For example if you are dead set on a Raptor…the Ranger Raptor would be cheaper and more reasonable for you, maybe go buy that instead?

Last edited:

CruiserClass

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've only leased when there were lease-only incentives that made it cheaper to lease then buy it out vs just buying it outright. That is not the norm, but does happen occasionally. My wife's car was a bit over $1k cheaper to lease for 13 months then buy it out then it was to just pay cash the day of purchase. Right now if you wanted a hybrid or EV, leasing may get you rebates and gov't incentive a purchase wouldn't (See: Jeep Wrangler 4Xe for example) but that wouldn't help you out with a Raptor of course.

grendel

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
New to the forum. Anyone lease theirs? What is the residual at the end of term? I tried searching but didn’t see anything. Thanks!
Not sure this is possible through Ford unless something has changed. Perhaps it's a lease deal with the dealer owning the vehicle and leasing it to you? Regardless, financially, you'll come out on top if you can finance it...unless you're going to turn it over in a year or two...but if Raptor resale values stay firm, it's a toss up. I'd buy it if I were you...plus you can have real fun with it then. :)

OP
OP
N

nanujain

Reaction score
IMG_2980.png

Not trolling whatsoever. This is on Ford.com my reasoning is the lower monthly and make a “balloon” payment at end to keep it. Or just give it back and get another. The question is what is the residula value (balloon) they are going to want at the end. Just doing my research, not a question of affordability or anything like that. Thanks for your help. Loving this forum already.