Leaking rear shock 2024

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kurt L

Reaction score
Came home from our 10 day vacation and noticed a half dollar sized pool of greenish oil on the ground by my left rear tire. Stuck my finger in it and definitely smelled like oil...crawled under the truck and sure enough the left rear shock had a good amount of oil and dirt residue on the bottom of it. Anyone else have issues like this with their 2024? I only have 6,000 miles.

taquitos

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 22, but same difference. Had all of my shocks replaced under warranty a little more than a year ago. One of the shocks was leaking within 10 months. Unfortunately something that can happen. Go get it warrantied.

OP
OP
K

Kurt L

Reaction score
I have a 22, but same difference. Had all of my shocks replaced under warranty a little more than a year ago. One of the shocks was leaking within 10 months. Unfortunately something that can happen. Go get it warrantied.
I would prefer at least both rears be replaced...how did you get them to do all of them?

taquitos

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would prefer at least both rears be replaced...how did you get them to do all of them?
They were replaced because of the shock clunk that some 22s have. When the one started leaking later only the one got replaced. It was one of the warranty replacements. Just get the one replaced. Less of a chance of more leaks.