Kind of an odd question but it will make sense

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

The Tank

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So I'm very strongly considering downing an Eco-boost swap in my truck but I don't want to lose off-road mode mainly the ABS,TC, air bag, and diff lock. The engine and trans calibrations would be nice but not necessary. So which of the 3 main computers is this stuff in. Also something to consider the 2011 F-150s have a PCM not a separate ECU and TCM like the 2009/2010 F-150. I'm going to assume the 2011 PCM will not play nice with a 2010 TCM and I will have to run the 2011 PCM. Anyway I know air bag control is in the BCM and I'm going to assume that ABS is there too but where is everything else?

GasGasMan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Eco-Boost does not have a power steering pump, or provisions to mount one. So, you will have to change out the steering column to the electric assist version.

OP
OP
The Tank

The Tank

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yeah, just the steering column is $1,900.
I'm sure I can get it for cheaper.
Would it not be simpler to just have a custom bracket created?
Maybe lord knows I've have more then enough space in there. You could probably fit a 6.0 PSD under the hood of these trucks and still have room to spare.
Why an eco boost swap? Just for the novelty?
Because if I was to do a hi-compression stroker 358CID 5.4L it would probably cost the same and get me about the same HP and kill my MPGs. Doing an Eco-boost swap is like having my cake and eating it too. I could get easily 400hp to the wheels and still have better MPGs then my cam only 5.4.