Kennebec Pass Colorado

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NoCaDiver

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Good looking pics pirate. Finally got to see the dirt, now I believe 'ya. Looks beautiful out there.

OP
OP
pirate air

pirate air

will plunder your booty
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good looking pics pirate. Finally got to see the dirt, now I believe 'ya. Looks beautiful out there.

lol, thanks man. Hopefully I can hit up some more passes/trails later this summer and get some better pics. This was just a ****** expedition.

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Wow its beautiful up there! Great pics.

PS: What is that rusted contraption in your first pic?

LVdezertdawg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
SWEEEETTTT!!!!! Those are excellent shots, maybe when we make our venture up that way next summer, you can show us around

OP
OP
pirate air

pirate air

will plunder your booty
Supporting Member
Reaction score
SWEEEETTTT!!!!! Those are excellent shots, maybe when we make our venture up that way next summer, you can show us around

I can do that!

Wow its beautiful up there! Great pics.

Thanks, don't know exactly what the contraption is. Looks like a broiler/s for a steam engine to me. Something put there a long time ago for the mine/s shafts i'm guessing. Those miners had to be crazy.

^^I'm in!

let me know

KaiserM715

Kaiser Söze
Reaction score
Awesome pics, pirate!! Do your plans this summer include the popular routes (Immogene, Black Bear, Engineer)? I curious as to how much of an issue width will be on some of these...

I will be sure to look this trail up if I am in the Durango area.

Thanks, don't know exactly what the contraption is. Looks like a broiler/s for a steam engine to me. Something put there a long time ago for the mine/s shafts i'm guessing. Those miners had to be crazy.

I would second a boiler for steam. The perforations in the front were likely for water tubes to pass through the firebox / burner. There is LOTS of mining equipment to see in CO and NM.

OP
OP
pirate air

pirate air

will plunder your booty
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Awesome pics, pirate!! Do your plans this summer include the popular routes (Immogene, Black Bear, Engineer)? I curious as to how much of an issue width will be on some of these...

I will be sure to look this trail up if I am in the Durango area.

I would second a boiler for steam. The perforations in the front were likely for water tubes to pass through the firebox / burner. There is LOTS of mining equipment to see in CO and NM.

Thanks

Yes, plan on hittin Immogene, Ophir, Engineer/alpine loop, and up around Silverton. How did you know, lol. The width should be ok for those. Black Bear will be a few years down the road, when the trucks not shinny brand new still. Something tells me I might be missing a fender and a rear bumper by the time I make it down the switch backs.

Kennebecs great to hit up if your in the area. Its close to town, almost brainless driving but yet awesome views. You can do round trip from Durango in 4 hours. But theres plenty of hiking and things to look at to make a day of it.

The steam thing does have tubes or whats left of tubes connecting to the holes. I was like a kid at the McDonalds ball pen crawlin all over that thing first time I saw it. I still laugh at myself every time I see it.