Keep, sell, or trade 23R

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

vill

Reaction score
A dealership I placed an order with on 1/30/24 for a raptor R just emailed me and said it’s scheduled for production on 10/17/24. It “supposed” to be for MSRP, I’ll see if this agreement holds up when the truck arrives. If it does I will no doubt buy it, but my issue is what to do with my current raptor R. I have a 23R with 3k miles and I can’t decide if I should trade it in, or keep it. Current trade offers I’ve received range from 108k-113k. I do live in Texas so if I decide to trade it in I would get a tax break on the 24R. I don’t really have a need for 2 Rs but I’d hate to get rid of my current R and end up regretting it. For those who have made the change from the 23R to the 24R is there any regrets? Do ever wish you kept your 23R instead of your 24R?

ToadSmasher2K1

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can’t speak specifically 23R to 24R, but I had a 23 Eco and now have a 24R. I think the heads up display makes it better. I also like the leather on the upper door panel, and dash. Small changes but they’re nice touches.

That being said, I don’t think you can go wrong either way.

WTX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The 23 is has 2400 more parts on it than the 24. The 24 has 20 more ponies and looks damn good.

You won’t go wrong either way. Good luck

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
What has the ’23 done that displeases you that you would replace it with a ’24?
I would suggest that the first question to ask is are you dissatisfied enough with the ’23 to warrant the stealership hassle? If not, then keep the ’23, get your allocation over to another FRF looking for a RR and enjoy life.

if you must have the ’24, the trade will make life simpler, but at a significant cost for the RR. I’d consider selling it here or online elsewhere. It’s not like the ’23 is invalidated because of the ’24’s extra ponies, it’s not even SOTP detectable. You might get a 1/10 second in the 1/4 mile if you’re really good launching, or, the ’23 might get you if they’re a better driver because 15 ponies in a 6k pound truck isn’t enough to make up for a bad launch or overcome a good launch by your opponent.

Frank N

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I hate to say it but based on the comments of Ford built quality of late, I keep 23r for a while just to make sure that the 24 is in good working order, then I'd sell the 23.

DMM_78

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A dealership I placed an order with on 1/30/24 for a raptor R just emailed me and said it’s scheduled for production on 10/17/24. It “supposed” to be for MSRP, I’ll see if this agreement holds up when the truck arrives. If it does I will no doubt buy it, but my issue is what to do with my current raptor R. I have a 23R with 3k miles and I can’t decide if I should trade it in, or keep it. Current trade offers I’ve received range from 108k-113k. I do live in Texas so if I decide to trade it in I would get a tax break on the 24R. I don’t really have a need for 2 Rs but I’d hate to get rid of my current R and end up regretting it. For those who have made the change from the 23R to the 24R is there any regrets? Do ever wish you kept your 23R instead of your 24R?
If you paid MSRP for your current truck 108-113K gets you your money back. Assuming you can move the sales tax to the new truck. Getting all your money back on a depreciating asset is never a bad thing.