Just installed Whipple 3.8L on my 2024 R

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RRangus

Reaction score
Hey Everyone -

Just installed the Whipple in my 24' Raptor R over the weekend and figured I would share some pictures and give some feedback to you guys who are thinking of ordering/installing this kit. Please remember I am by no means a mechanic and this is the first time I have installed something of this caliber. I am sure the pros on here can help with some of these things but Whipple support was 10/10 on the help with questions I had along the way! The overall quality of this kit is fantastic and if I could do it, trust me almost anyone could haha. The only thing left to do is get my Borla Atak mid section installed that I ordered 3 months ago that I am still waiting for...

Install time: 6-8 hours

Additional tools I would recommend:
- Dremel (or equivalent) This is for the cold air intake when it ask you to cut a hole in the bottom of the housing.
- Swivel 10mm socket (It does recommend using one of these later on in the instructions to reach SC housing bolts on back)
- Impact gun for basic quick removal bolts
- Fuel line disconnect set
- IN-LBS ratchet (most have just LBS)
- Hoist of some sort to help lift the factory blower and Whipple blower for install (I borrowed a engine hoist to make it simple)
- Cloth heat resistant electrical tape off amazon to match the factory electrical tape (I found some on amazon for $8 same day delivery)
- Engine light (In picture below)

Overall Recommendations IF I were to install another:
- I removed the two front wheels and put the nose of the truck on jack stands to lower the front of the truck to make it easier to reach into.
- When you're draining the coolant (Step 7) I had issues with the truck actually draining all the fluid out of the factory drain petcock. (maybe someone on here has a suggestion to get the petcock to drain all the fluid out so you dont make a mess when removing the coolant neck).
- I would order the S&B quick disconnect tool (Or equivalent) for removing the fuel line "type" connector on CAI tube. The fuel quick disconnector tool set I had was kind of hard to get in there. (I am sure members on here have a suggestion for this) Link: Skip to 2:15 to see
- When installing the factory sensors into the new SC unit I would recommend doing this while the SC is not installed instead of doing it after as its kind of tight spacing afterwards.
- Order additional matte black worm clamps as my kit only came with 2 and called for more.
- When you remove the factory supercharger take off the fuel lines so you can take off the injectors and clean the O-rings as in step 52 it calls to remove the factory O-rings and let them soak for a couple hours. This will just save time and make them ready to go when you get to this step.
- In step 69 You will need to use a 6mm allen socket to remove the bolts holding the bypass actuator to the supercharger to have clearance to install the supplied ORB. (In the instructions step 1 says "Do not remove the actuator" but after emailing Whipple they told me to remove in order to install the ORB).
- Install the supplied bracket for step 71 while you're on step 68 or you will need to remove the 2 Whipple supercharger lid bolts that you just torqued down in the provided sequence.

Overall:

- The kit is great and the power is amazing. The new sound of the blower is awesome and drives like stock tell you put your foot in it! Anyone thinking of doing this you will not be disappointed! Here are some pictures.

tempImageZoMIuI.jpgIMG_9173.jpg

OP
OP
R

RRangus

Reaction score
Thanks guys! I will definitely be posting a video tomorrow of driving. I’ll see how the fuel economy changes if any…I wish I had the ATAK by now but no one seems to have it in stock and been waiting about 3 months for it :/

I am planning on taking it to my local track next weekend to do a couple passes to just see what it does in the 1/4 for fun.

WC114

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I heard they lowered the speed limit to 125 is that true?

NoharmnoFAL

Reaction score
Badass. I’m seriously considering this as a potential solution to my truck’s undiagnosed problem. Maybe I could get Ford to fund it?