Just finished my M&R Fog Light install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MandR Automotive

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Hey EatsPrii

Appreciate you sharing with the rest of the forum your true opinion of our product.

Any way you can post up more photos/videos of the lights to show light output in a dark environment?

Would like to thank you in advance for the help

OP
OP
EatsPrii

EatsPrii

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm finally getting around to posting pics of the install. I'm not a professional electrician by any means, but I found this install to be fairly easy.

The kit included the 6 lights and two brackets as well as some hardware.
IMAG0134.jpg

Installing the lights on the bracket was easy except for the rubber washers shown here. Don't use them. I wasn't able to get a tight enough mount with them installed to keep them from turning. This picture shows them straight. The actual mount has them turned sideways. This is a fit and refit system until you get the lights turned the way you want them. (you will be able to adjust the vertical tilt after they are installed.)
IMAG0138.jpg

M&R has a better picture than me of the bumper mount bracket. See their post fog light introduction post to see the bumper mount that has to be removed. A tip here: There is a plastic tab covering the outer bolt on each bumper bracket. I cut this off with a utility knife to make the it easier to get at.

I ran three new 14 guage wires (blue, yellow and black) from the engine side of the pass-through wires to the first set of lights on the right side of the truck. I then ran 3 more wires from the right side to the left side by going back up the top of the engine area, around the back side of the radiator and fuse box and then down to the left light set. I used the yellow wires to connect the 4 outer lights and the blue wire for the 2 inside lights. The black wire was a common negative wire that I bolted to an existing ground on the frame near where the pass-through wires end in the engine area.

IMAG0141.jpg

There are alot of wires to sort out and color was the only way I could keep it straight. All connections outside of the truck were soldered and covered with heat shrink, then taped.
IMAG0144.jpg

My color choice for the wire was 50% perfect. I used blue to blue for the pass-through and yellow to green.
IMAG0140.jpg

I don't have any good pictures of the wiring behind the glove box, but here's a few tips:
You can tip the glove box down and get adequate access without removing any screws. Open the glove box, pich the outside at the top of the box, and pull out. The glove box will tilt toward the floor.

Remove the panel next to the door by putting a finger in the vent hole and pulling outward.

Rather than trying to make connections with the short wires, I made two jumper wires 4 inches long and placed a crimp connector on each end.
IMAG0139.jpg

With this set up, I could reach in with the wire through the glove box and push the jumper onto the stripped wire inside the dash. Reaching through the access panel near the door, it was fairly easy to make the wire connections.

The Raptor supplement in the manual has a wire chart showing what color goes to what switch. I put the 4 inside lights on switch 3 and the 2 outside lights on switch 4.

Mike was available by phone during the install and messaged me several times to make sure the project was going o.k.

The full project took about 4 hours, but I did it alone and it was my first electrical modification. Not to mention that I had a couple beers and dinner during the install.