Johnny_bravo00 Build, mods and maintenance

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Johnny_bravo00
Reaction score
Congrats on the white decal around headlight, it give something different and rather sober, :waytogo:
Thanks Julien dude, appreciate it. Typically I like the blacked out look, but I wanted something to make that extra width *pop* on this truck. Any other color of truck and I would have gone with a black decal, but the black would just disappear on my truck, even matte black would be too subtle.

OP
OP
Johnny_bravo00
Reaction score
Couple new additions, I put on a cheap amazon throttle controller for the time being. Wanted to see if I liked it enough to buy the Banks Pedal Monster. I'm actually really impressed with the difference it makes. Nice improvement, although with this amazon unit. There's really only 1 or 2 modes that you can actually use. The rest are undriveable in the city.

Also finally got my F150LEDS amber vent light kit.
My takeaway from this kit
1) Looks really good when the truck is on.
2) Looks not as good when truck is off. When you look at the vent, part of these orange diffusers are visible. Would be better with amber LED's and a tinted diffuser.
3) Comes with a good set of T-taps and all parts necessary
4) The wires are not nearly long enough to do a clean routing job. You are forced to take the straightest path possible. Meaning the cables will be visible in many spots (under the hood)
5) They are bright enough to be seen clearly during the day, which I like
6) The amber color matches the factory ambers really well.

If you look at it as a "whole", it looks like it could possibly be a factory option to come with the vent lights. Its when you start to look closely that things get a little "ricey". I really don't like that they're visible when off, and when you look closely, you see the wire at the bottom do a hard 90 and go into the vent. BUT.... They look fantastic when the truck is running... Ill be leaving them on for now.

thumbnail_IMG_9670.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_9679.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_9678.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_9677.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_9673.jpg

OP
OP
Johnny_bravo00
Reaction score
I've been having an issue with my passenger window for a while. Not the "bounce-back", I know that can be calibrated, but the window just stopping on its way down or up. Then not being able to finish opening or closing it, until it decides to work again. Very frustrating. The worst part is that it does it intermittently, so its hard to prove to the dealer.

Ive read that it could possibly be the main switch (drivers side) that needs to be replaced. So I brought it to my dealer and explained and showed them a video. They agreed to swap out both sdes switches (which they did). Needless to say, I just got my truck back aaaaaaaaand its still doing it. sh*t.

Who know how long it will take them do diagnose this problem. Luckily, my dealer has been great with most things that I request, but a diagnosis is any-mans guess

OP
OP
Johnny_bravo00
Reaction score
Not sure if this calibration method works on 24s. Check the owner’s manual too.

Thanks for the video, unfortunately Ive tried the calibration method, as did the dealer. All that does is reset the tolerances for window bounce-back, which is a different problem altogether.
My window will simply stop working completely. Go halfway down, then its like I have no power to the window whatsoever. This is the first time I've had this issue, and I've owned a LOT of ford trucks.