Johnny_bravo00 Build, mods and maintenance

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Opening a thread as a placeholder for a build.
Currently waiting on my 24- 37 Package to arrive. Build will be modest with mostly cosmetic and tech mods.

Ordered:
- Screen protector
-"ColorLugs" Black Lug nut covers
- Hitch cover
-"Rocky Mountain Graphics" Front "FORD" vinyl's
-"Rocky Mountain Graphics" Tailgate "FORD" vinyl's
-"Rocky mountain Graphics" Headlight accent vinyl's
- Rydonair 7" antenna
- Dash cam
- Ottocast multimedia dongle (Allows Netflix etc.. If this doesnt work flawlessly and easily it will be returned)
- Steering wheel club
- Multiple GPS tags
- Vanity Plate
- Plate covers
Also bought a Cordless battery jumper/tire inflater combo, Tire plug kit & small tool kit that will stay in the truck. Just in case.

When the truck arrives, it will be getting spray in liner at the dealership, as well as a trifold cover.
Next stop will be tints. 5% Rear, 20% front and 30% windshield ceramic tint.
Ideally getting the "Ghost" system installed within the first week of ownership if I can line up scheduling properly. My last truck being stolen, this will be my best plan of attack to stop it from happening again. I also want to find a foldable, Ford bed extender. I had installed one in my last truck shortly before it was taken and really liked it. Hoping I can find a used one in the classifieds.

Wishlist:
- Goosetune if the 24s ever get unlocked, and funds allow it. For now, its just a pipedream.
- Pedal Commander

Pic of last truck for attention.

download (22).jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Johnny_bravo00
Reaction score
On the home stretch now.
Its been a long 4 months. Ive been driving a used truck off the dealers lot as a short time lease until the new truck arrives. The Lariat I'm in, the last owner was, well, less than kind to her. That said, its better than the new Ram i was driving for a month initially after my truck was stolen, which wreaked of B.O. o_O

Screenshot 2024-06-11 101331.png

Muchmore

FRF Addict
Reaction score
"Build" huh. I just realized I have "built" a ton of custom trucks, cars, lawnmowers, motorcycles, a Segway, E-Bike, regular bike, skateboard, roller skates and I may have tinted a dog. Does that mean I am an experienced pooch builder? :Big Laugh:

Fun times on the new "build" great truck.

OP
OP
Johnny_bravo00
Reaction score
Mhmm, I think I went over most of that in my first post.
I do agree, this will be more of a light modification, OEM+ style truck. Same-same, but different is what I'm after.
Later down the line, id like to get into some "Bolt on", power mods.

Don't get me wrong. I can turn a wrench and have worked on trucks, cars, bikes & sleds my whole life. These trucks however, I don't really feel the need to mess with too much. For my needs, it meets most.

OP
OP
Johnny_bravo00
Reaction score
McGard lug nuts only.

Get the frame sprayed. The city sprays a shitton of brine on the roads. Woolwax if you can find it or krown.
Thanks for the tips.
I hadn't seen the McGuard lugs before, they look promising (currently out of stock though for black lugs). Literally every single other set of black lugs I've seen, begin to rust immediately.
Underspray is also something I overlooked. Couldn't agree more, the amount of brine & salt they lay down here is ridiculous.

Last edited:

JohnyPython

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks for the tips.
I hadn't seen the McGuard lugs before, they look promising (currently out of stock though for black lugs). Literally every single other set of black lugs I've seen, begin to rust immediately.
Underspray is also something I overlooked. Couldn't agree more, the amount of brine & salt they lay down here is ridiculous.
McGards will stand up I run them year round. Just avoid an impact gun it will remove some of the coating and then look like shit/rust.

Amazon has them but they went up. Summit Racing if you ship them to the border.

OP
OP
Johnny_bravo00
Reaction score
McGards will stand up I run them year round. Just avoid an impact gun it will remove some of the coating and then look like shit/rust.

Amazon has them but they went up. Summit Racing if you ship them to the border.
Amazon is currently out of stock as well. The price though, wow, that's a tough pill to swallow for some lugs. How long have you had yours?

OP
OP
Johnny_bravo00
Reaction score
Truck is in! Vanity plates came in as well, perfect timing.

Dealer will be taking care of Line-X and and the Tri-fold bakflip.
Hopeful to take ownership before end of next week