Its not looking good boys...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
D

Donovan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
All part of the game apparently.

All of the places where I wanted to order the engine were out. I will be doing a custom Fraser ecoboost from their manufacturer. $6500, upgraded everything, all TSBs and new water pump/with the fixings.

OP
OP
D

Donovan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
For ***** sakes.

Fraser is out
Accurate engines did not have any in stock
I am trying Tasca now.

I do not know where else to go except for FORD themselves at this point.

OP
OP
D

Donovan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I sent them an email let’s see!

Last time I spoke to them I had issues with them.

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Remember when Ford used to cover all of the costs of replacing the 3.5L HO EBs- even if it was out of warranty?

They went to partial coverage of the work after that. Are those days now officially gone?

Ford is replacing a 2.7TT EB in my wife's car right now- that is a $9500 replacement. We got in 1 month before the powertrain warranty expired.

FordTechOne

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Remember when Ford used to cover all of the costs of replacing the 3.5L HO EBs- even if it was out of warranty?
No, because that never happened.
They went to partial coverage of the work after that. Are those days now officially gone?

Ford is replacing a 2.7TT EB in my wife's car right now- that is a $9500 replacement. We got in 1 month before the powertrain warranty expired.
Not surprising when you buy a used vehicle with poor maintenance history. I’m surprised they’re covering it at all.

OP
OP
D

Donovan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I am allowing the shop to just rebuild the entire engine. I will let you know how that goes. I will also replace the twin snails..

@FordTechOne Do you have copies of the TSBs for this engine? Such as, phasers, lifters, etc? Oil pan?

FordTechOne

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am allowing the shop to just rebuild the entire engine. I will let you know how that goes. I will also replace the twin snails..

@FordTechOne Do you have copies of the TSBs for this engine? Such as, phasers, lifters, etc? Oil pan?
Your best bet is to have your shop look up the TSBs through their system of choice (ALLDATA, Mitchell, etc.) so they’re referencing the latest version. They can then place an order through any dealership parts department.

downforce137

FRF Addict
Reaction score
a rebuild?? is that really the best option?

it always takes 3 times longer and 2x more money than predicted, and the machine shops are all catching up on race car stuff...

sorry to be a negative nancy, but a takeout, or crate engine would probably be a lot quicker and cheaper as well...