Is there anyone that makes forged rotating assemblies for the 6.2 BESIDES Livernois?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

burntoutaccountant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not comfortable spending that kind of money $10k for a short block is steep. I have a reliable trusted machine shop to rebuild a 6.2 block for me. I've found forged pistons but can't find anything on rods or a crank. Are these even made?

akley88

Reaction score
manley makes rods and pistons. crank i dont believe anyone does forged. i dont believe livernois is forged, the site says its treated. you could just get a new oem one cryo treated.

manley rods part number 14322-8

mtnghost

Reaction score
Ross, scat, manly, and numerous other brands can and will make forged parts for anything. Problem is one off parts cost a ton. Best bet is to get a largish group buy or have a well supported platform. If parts are close and require only minor tweaks to adapt to your needs, company’s are more than happy to accommodate. This is what I have found when trying to procure parts for engines that aren’t heavily supported.

letsgetthisdone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Manley makes replacement rods and pistons.

I'm pretty sure the Livernois crank is a welded and offset ground factory crank. Their 6.6L long block is $22k, which isn't expensive enough to support a custom/low production billet or even forged crankshaft.

Marlboroman

Reaction score
I didn’t think the cranks have a history of breaking or being “weak” at all. Maybe some of the window edition guys can confirm. Those guys with the crown Vic spun the **** out the factory crank.

mtnghost

Reaction score
Know nothing of the specifics of the 6.2l crank, but aren’t most heavy duty gas engine cranks forged from the factory. Figured what’s what heavy duty entails. Forged cranks, possibly rods and if your very lucky pistons. Strange that the mustang Kellogg? cranks came forged and ones for a hard working truck would not.

Gumby

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Know nothing of the specifics of the 6.2l crank, but aren’t most heavy duty gas engine cranks forged from the factory. Figured what’s what heavy duty entails. Forged cranks, possibly rods and if your very lucky pistons. Strange that the mustang Kellogg? cranks came forged and ones for a hard working truck would not.
Not necessarily. I will state this as My Option...... If you do a forged rod on a cast crank you have moved the weak link to the crank. With that said, it is a very strong weak link. and with the 6.2 main bolts you will have to have to do something Very Wrong to break a crank. I don't think you can twist one up enough to break the crank with the stock head. I don't think you can blow enough air, to break it either. Again this is MOP. I do think you could "Detonate" break one. If you didn't break the new forged rod first.
My option is you could get 15-19 LBS of boost through the head. But you need the fuel to match. This is based on theory. I have never done a 6.2. Just based on past heads with similar flow numbers.
This would yield 740-800 HP..... Just a guess. My biggest question is why? Just to say you have it? Making a Drag truck? There are a lot of lighter options out there for that and better power plants. Now I see you live out west so with a lot of suspension you could possibly use the ponies, I say do the suspension then build the ponies.
If we are just internet building.... I think my numbers are pretty accurate. You would have to build it. To prove me wrong. LOL

Last edited:

mtnghost

Reaction score
Not necessarily. I will state this as My Option...... If you do a forged rod on a cast crank you have moved the weak link to the crank. With that said, it is a very strong weak link. and with the 6.2 main bolts you will have to have to do something Very Wrong to break a crank. I don't think you can twist one up enough to break the crank with the stock head. I don't think you can blow enough air, to break it either. Again this is MOP. I do think you could "Detonate" break one. If you didn't break the new forged rod first.
My option is you could get 15-19 LBS of boost through the head. But you need the fuel to match. This is based on theory. I have never done a 6.2. Just based on past heads with similar flow numbers.
This would yield 740-800 HP..... Just a guess. My biggest question is why? Just to say you have it? Making a Drag truck? There are a lot of lighter options out there for that and better power plants. Now I see you live out west so with a lot of suspension you could possibly use the ponies, I say do the suspension then build the ponies.
If we are just internet building.... I think my numbers are pretty accurate. You would have to build it. To prove me wrong. LOL
Oh I was just responding to a question. The parts I bought were for my previous dodge, and only because I was going to supercharge it. If building why not make it bomb proof. Also that engine came with a forged crankshaft, weak rods, and very thin ring lands from factory. So you likely see where I was going with the build there. With the raptor, 500 NA horsepower to the wheels would be awesome for the sand! Would also work for those stoplight drags on the way to Peet’s coffee and tea. Those pesky Priuses are getting FAST! also we have a new threat to life as we know it out here called a Tesla. :rofl:

Gumby

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Oh I was just responding to a question. The parts I bought were for my previous dodge, and only because I was going to supercharge it. If building why not make it bomb proof. Also that engine came with a forged crankshaft, weak rods, and very thin ring lands from factory. So you likely see where I was going with the build there. With the raptor, 500 NA horsepower to the wheels would be awesome for the sand! Would also work for those stoplight drags on the way to Peet’s coffee and tea. Those pesky Priuses are getting FAST! also we have a new threat to life as we know it out here called a Tesla. :rofl:
I meant no attack, by the post lol. I hope you didn't take it that way.