Insurance is trying to 'total loss' my raptor - need some help or advice please

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Donovan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
80k...

Bruh, get out of there. I love my truck and just put a new engine in it. $7500.

Paul S

Reaction score
im being told that i need to wait for a "market assessment report" to determine the value of my truck. I have no idea how this works. I've never been in this situation- so I can't help but expect a low ball from them. what "rights" do i have in this regard ? For example- if i find ONE truck thats equipped EXACTLY the same as mine- but costs more than the examples they show me- what can i do ?

ideally- i would prefer to keep it. fix all the damaged bits/ sensors- and wrap the truck in shelter green and keep it forever.
I had the same problem! I made the insurance company fix mine which is being done right now. Do you have a body guy? I will help you however i can.

8008MD

Reaction score
Unfortunately, this is how the insurance company works. They will look at the market value for your car and year. You can find comparables on bring a trailer in the sold price to help increase your value. You will need multiple examples, not just one. Listed selling prices do not count. I had my 2014 Audi RS 7 totaled. The total damage was 47,000. The car value was 37,000 even with low mileage. The damage was purely cosmetic and most of it was carbon fiber parts, and a right headlight. No frame damage at all. Hit a deer.This is how I ended up with the raptor R. If you keep the car, there may be a salvage title attached to it. This may hurt you in the long run. Make sure you speak with your insurance evaluator before making any decisions. Also, they will try to make you have decision within 24 hours. But let them know if if they took two weeks to obtain a market value. You are allowed two weeks to make a decision. Best of luck. Car prices are low now so it is in your favor for a new car.

G8R-RPTR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Was in a similar spot last year. Took the payout and bought a new truck. Market seems a little more buyer friendly so I would definitely take it and buy new.

scpete24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I want to know what happened to cause so much exterior damage but nothing on the frame or internally. You'd be an idiot to not take the money and get a new truck with that $ amount being offered and seeing what the damage repair is.