Installed My Ford Performance Catch Can

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

roger7254

Reaction score
Run a UPR dual catch can and to empty I just turn the lever.

It was very expensive but it also included a uni breather the replaces the oil cap. This is to release any pressure should it build up in very cold climates. It also came with a different air sensor that had a Ford tag on it which had to be turned a certain way installed on the drivers side.

No codes and has worked flawlessly.
I run UPR single catch can (they said they can't ship dual can because im in CA), it does the job. catching about 1.5 table spoon for every 3300miles.

Great Scott

Reaction score
Curious why Ford makes them for the Gen2 but I don't see one for the Gen3. Nothing changed in the engine to my understand that would cause them not to provide to one Gen but not the other.
Gen 3 motor went to port and direct injection. Port injection during idle and direct under load.

I believe it was to counter the oil buildup issues on the valves which is why this catch-can has a need for Gen 2 and less so for Gen 3. Gen 3 still has oil passing by the valves, but the port injection under idle should be cleaning the top of the valves or keeping them from having carbon buildup.

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Gen 3 motor went to port and direct injection. Port injection during idle and direct under load.

I believe it was to counter the oil buildup issues on the valves which is why this catch-can has a need for Gen 2 and less so for Gen 3. Gen 3 still has oil passing by the valves, but the port injection under idle should be cleaning the top of the valves or keeping them from having carbon buildup.
Uhh, Gen 2 is also port and direct injection. This is not new. Maybe the run cycle has been modified to use port injection more?