Installed Gen 2 Fox Race Series Coilovers……FINALLY!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks for the response. Sounds like the FRLV fronts with stock rears is the way to go. You have any idea if the 39" KM3 will clear with roughly 2" front lift on a 9", +0 wheel? I assume I can get 2" out of the FRLV? Out back is there any reason to do a spring over a spacer if I'm not running a bed cage with dual spares? The rear will get a bedcover only, and will be used for luggage, etc.
You can get up to 3" out of the FRLV front shocks. I've seen guys run the 39s but they were on 3" front collars and 2" rear spacers.

For me, the rear option would depend on how high you end up needing to go in the front. Rear spacer options are 0.5", 0.75", 1", and 2". While you can also do Eibach springs at 1.5" so it gives you middle ground depending on how much rear lift you need.

If you're going for peak height up front to clear the 39s, I'd recommend upgrading UCAs with more flex as well. We did Foutz for a number of reasons, one of which is I like that they use a bigger uniball at the knuckle to maximize flex.

TheButcher

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Good info, thanks. I'll look at UCAs. Was trying to potentially avoid a full mid travel kit, but if I'm going FRLV and UCA I'm not that far away from a mid kit. Plus I could then do fenders and bedsides like I had originally planned. I was trying to keep the truck low enough to fit in parking garages, but project scope creep is a real thing!

MajorAR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I just picked up a set of these front shocks...looking forward to getting them installed on Friday. Should be interesting coming from a 3" collar up front.

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Good info, thanks. I'll look at UCAs. Was trying to potentially avoid a full mid travel kit, but if I'm going FRLV and UCA I'm not that far away from a mid kit. Plus I could then do fenders and bedsides like I had originally planned. I was trying to keep the truck low enough to fit in parking garages, but project scope creep is a real thing!
Technically, you could still do mid-travel with these shocks and the UCAs of your choice. You're only adding LCAs, if you stay stock width. You can then add bypasses and upper shock mounts as needed as you continue to push it.

So you're not technically adding anything that wouldn't work with a mid-travel kit, if you decide to go down that road.

TheButcher

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Technically, you could still do mid-travel with these shocks and the UCAs of your choice. You're only adding LCAs, if you stay stock width. You can then add bypasses and upper shock mounts as needed as you continue to push it.

So you're not technically adding anything that wouldn't work with a mid-travel kit, if you decide to go down that road.
I'd probably go SVC mid kit to get the extra 3.5" of width so I could run the McNeil fenders without doing some funky wheel spacer set up in the front. That's probably the same coil-over in their kit though, huh?

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I'd probably go SVC mid kit to get the extra 3.5" of width so I could run the McNeil fenders without doing some funky wheel spacer set up in the front. That's probably the same coil-over in their kit though, huh?
No sir, they're using a non Live Valve 2.5 shocks (Fox or King) along with a 3.5 Bypass.

TheButcher

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
No sir, they're using a non Live Valve 2.5 shocks (Fox or King) along with a 3.5 Bypass.
Well, there you go then...

OK, I think my best bet then is to go FRLV, keep lift height around 2", and maybe do the 38x13.50r18 Toyo MT. I'm all over the place with wheel options though. Too many choices!

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well, there you go then...

OK, I think my best bet then is to go FRLV, keep lift height around 2", and maybe do the 38x13.50r18 Toyo MT. I'm all over the place with wheel options though. Too many choices!
How will you hook the single valve FRS shocks to the dual valve harness on your 24R?