Icon vs Deaver follow-up

Icon Multi Rate or Deaver

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Johnny@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
@Johnny@Apollo-Optics

@Nick@Apollo-Optics

I see the Icons on the Apollo Optics site, but where is Hammer Performance located? The only Hammer Performance I can find is a Harley shop in Idaho.

I just rolled over 100K miles on my ‘18 Jenny and my suspension needs a mild refresh… I like the stock(ish) ride and it suits my needs well, so just having the stock factory shocks rebuilt, plus R&R any worn items with better aftermarket bits as I go.

I already have 1.5” RPG leveling collars up front, but it’s time to do the rear springs too. Again, not looking for anything much beyond stock for this truck… Deaver +2 HDs or maybe the Icons are calling my name. I like the price of the Icons a lot better TBH…at least for my needs.

I’m up here in the hills between San Antonio and Austin, but can make the drive to Houston if y’all do one-day installs…scheduled well in advance of course.

Will call in a bit after I finish working on my son’s truck.
Hey Brother, shoot me a message and I can help you out. As Nick said Im with Apollo Optics and have since separated from Hammer Performance. Im located in San Antonio and have a few shops in your area im partnered with that would be able to help with install.

Dunerking

Reaction score
How well do the Deaver L84+1 spring a work? My son and I are doing a Raptor conversion on his 2017 F-150 STX.. has a retractable bed cover..plans are to possibly tow a boat here and there..but mostly his tools for work.

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
How well do the Deaver L84+1 spring a work? My son and I are doing a Raptor conversion on his 2017 F-150 STX.. has a retractable bed cover..plans are to possibly tow a boat here and there..but mostly his tools for work.

It'll give you an additional 1" of lift over factory height with the block removed. But the load carrying capacity of the SD springs is the same to slightly worse than factory. It'll sag quite a bit with weight on it.

If it's a lightweight boat and only occasionally, it'll be fine. But if he's going to keep tools in the bed, he's better off with the HD spring with its extra 450lb over stock. Especially if he's carrying tools and other gear in the bed, that adds up quick.

Dunerking

Reaction score
It'll give you an additional 1" of lift over factory height with the block removed. But the load carrying capacity of the SD springs is the same to slightly worse than factory. It'll sag quite a bit with weight on it.

If it's a lightweight boat and only occasionally, it'll be fine. But if he's going to keep tools in the bed, he's better off with the HD spring with its extra 450lb over stock. Especially if he's carrying tools and other gear in the bed, that adds up quick.
Thanks for super informative reply! Looks like we maybe looking for a set of HD

Last edited: