I might be jumping ship...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I almost bought one...main reason for me I got another new gen2 over the tremor diesel besides the extra capability I didn’t really need was that Ford doesn’t offer a 4A option on their super duties. GM now does btw- it’s a game changer, ESPECIALLY when you have 1000+TQ & live in New England where the weather changes on a dime

so often o find myself driving on roads where the surface is a collection of salt stained dry asphalt, black ice, packed snow, & loose slush- 2wd in a truck w/ 1050tq & 75% of the weight over the nose sucks

4hi breaks the front end

you decide? White knuckle it w/ sand in the bed or no tight turns ahhahaha
I like to drive aggressively at times, a 4A function on dry pavement would help w/ that too as it would in heavy rain big time as well

so if you’re not towing or hauling w/ a SD truck & Ford won’t add 4A makes for actually a pretty benign/underwhelming experience once you get over the bug size/ride height you get all this power you can’t put down & all this capability you never use

all that being said, I’d probably use a tremor more for what it’s intended for than a Raptor, & that’s probably true for the majority of members on this forum
You made some good points. I remember following your dilemma thread regarding the replacement truck. You got another Raptor just before things got tight and pricey.

Hard to believe in this day and age all the manufacturers don’t offer an AWD transfer case. 4L and 4H are much more limited in there use. True you would make much better use of all that torque with AWD. I’m sure they can limit how much torque gets applied to the fronts as well, to avoid any breakage.

Bill Anderson

Reaction score
I just drove a 2021 Lariat Tremor with Blackout package. It was nice, and the fact that it can tow so much more than a Raptor is pulling at me. 6.7L/475-hp/1,050-lb-ft turbodiesel OHV 32-valve V-8. The 2022 has updated interior, and I have a dealer wanting to sell me one for MSRP. Probably won't be here for 22 weeks or so, but I'm tempted. Different thing than the Raptor, but... beautiful truck with a lot of capability. Just wouldn't be desert running and jumping it.

View attachment 170262
How was the ride. The one I rode in sometime back was awful!

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score

they ride infinitely better than any heavy duty truck I ever remember, I imagine when they ditch the solid front axle & go coilover will only get better

I was astonished how well they rode TBH it’s like a 2022 F250 rides like a 2012 F150

OP
OP
Raptorius

Raptorius

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The ride was smoother than expected. I thought I'd feel every little bump in the road, but was surprised at how comfortable it was. Not Raptor-style comfortable, but comfortable enough to be happy with it... Especially with a Carli setup.

WTX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
they ride infinitely better than any heavy duty truck I ever remember, I imagine when they ditch the solid front axle & go coilover will only get better

I was astonished how well they rode TBH it’s like a 2022 F250 rides like a 2012 F150
I’d hope they never go IFS. The truck would lose its reliability, IFS 3/4 + trucks are for old men pulling campers.
Tremors have a terrible ride due to having cheap coil springs. Put some variable rate Carli coils on it’s a game changer.

Donovan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I wouldn't buy a Raptor for towing period. Occasionally is ok.

I honestly would like to see a poll as to why folks bought the Raptor Gen 1 or 2 and to put the options as:

1. Big Towing
2. Looks
3. General hauling
4. Daily
5. Large family and knows that SUVs are a waste

OP
OP
Raptorius

Raptorius

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I honestly would like to see a poll as to why folks bought the Raptor Gen 1 or 2 and to put the options as:

1. Big Towing
2. Looks
3. General hauling
4. Daily
5. Large family and knows that SUVs are a waste
For me, I'm looking for a little of everything. I know you're not doing "big towing" with a Raptor, but I have an open and enclosed trailer I tow once a month or so, so I need some towing capacity. Looks... Raptors are good looking trucks. Not sure about the front of Gen 3. General hauling... Yes, I would actually use it as a truck sometimes. It'd also be my daily driver. I have a family of 5, and a Raptor fits us all.
The reason I'm thinking of going the Tremor route is because I'm a little disappointed with the Gen 3. Roll out has been frustrating. And, it would be nice to have better payload and towing capacity that a Tremor offers. Still on the fence.

PorterW1111

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just wouldn't be desert running and jumping it.
Why not?

They sell link kits, coilovers....lol you can have both all in one. haha

imagine some big 4.0 bypasses through the bed lol, coilovers up front, some 37/40s...just saying...

Last edited:

Donovan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
For me, I'm looking for a little of everything. I know you're not doing "big towing" with a Raptor, but I have an open and enclosed trailer I tow once a month or so, so I need some towing capacity. Looks... Raptors are good looking trucks. Not sure about the front of Gen 3. General hauling... Yes, I would actually use it as a truck sometimes. It'd also be my daily driver. I have a family of 5, and a Raptor fits us all.
The reason I'm thinking of going the Tremor route is because I'm a little disappointed with the Gen 3. Roll out has been frustrating. And, it would be nice to have better payload and towing capacity that a Tremor offers. Still on the fence.

Now that I Think about it, maybe they did that to not take away from the RAPTOR R and the Tremor?

What if they create a TREMOR R?

*mind blown*

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tcj