I might be jumping ship...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Donovan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have a 2022 6.7 Tremor on order, supposed to be built July 19th... on the fence right now, thinking of bailing and getting Gen3.

Plan on installing the Carli backcountry with 37's, this is my friends truck with that setup.. rides great

img_1567-jpeg.jpg

Good grief thats gorgeous..

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I just drove a 2021 Lariat Tremor with Blackout package. It was nice, and the fact that it can tow so much more than a Raptor is pulling at me. 6.7L/475-hp/1,050-lb-ft turbodiesel OHV 32-valve V-8. The 2022 has updated interior, and I have a dealer wanting to sell me one for MSRP. Probably won't be here for 22 weeks or so, but I'm tempted. Different thing than the Raptor, but... beautiful truck with a lot of capability. Just wouldn't be desert running and jumping it.

View attachment 170262

Damn trader! Lol. These are nice trucks and it comes down to what you really need in a truck. Or sometimes what you just like and who cares. Big truck, tons of capability. Just not as sporty or maybe as youthful off road. Keep us posted.

OP
OP
Raptorius

Raptorius

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2022 6.7 Tremor on order, supposed to be built July 19th... on the fence right now, thinking of bailing and getting Gen3.

Plan on installing the Carli backcountry with 37's, this is my friends truck with that setup.. rides great

img_1567-jpeg.jpg

Beautiful truck. I love the Raptor, but I have an enclosed trailer I tow once a month, and I'd be maxing out the towing capacity. And, in the future I might want to tow something heavier. A 6.7 Tremor with 37s and a Carli setup seems like it might be a better fit for me.

OP
OP
Raptorius

Raptorius

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Damn trader! Lol. These are nice trucks and it comes down to what you really need in a truck. Or sometimes what you just like and who cares. Big truck, tons of capability. Just not as sporty or maybe as youthful off road. Keep us posted.
Not a full on trader; at least I'd be staying with Ford.

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I almost bought one...main reason for me I got another new gen2 over the tremor diesel besides the extra capability I didn’t really need was that Ford doesn’t offer a 4A option on their super duties. GM now does btw- it’s a game changer, ESPECIALLY when you have 1000+TQ & live in New England where the weather changes on a dime

so often o find myself driving on roads where the surface is a collection of salt stained dry asphalt, black ice, packed snow, & loose slush- 2wd in a truck w/ 1050tq & 75% of the weight over the nose sucks

4hi breaks the front end

you decide? White knuckle it w/ sand in the bed or no tight turns ahhahaha
I like to drive aggressively at times, a 4A function on dry pavement would help w/ that too as it would in heavy rain big time as well

so if you’re not towing or hauling w/ a SD truck & Ford won’t add 4A makes for actually a pretty benign/underwhelming experience once you get over the bug size/ride height you get all this power you can’t put down & all this capability you never use

all that being said, I’d probably use a tremor more for what it’s intended for than a Raptor, & that’s probably true for the majority of members on this forum

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tcj