Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Louisiana Barefoot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had the similar problem with the a/c on my '14. It turned out to be the recirculation door, aka actuator, aka blend air door as seen above . A trusted local mechanic shop replaced with part #DL3219A618A. He also replaced the actuator motor #YH1770 while he was in there. Part #s are probably aftermarket. It involved removing the dash at a labor cost of $750. Problem was solved.

Knightenno

Reaction score
The rising evaporator temperature with increased fan speed, coupled with the stable low-pressure side, strongly points towards a restriction in the system. Your suspicion of the thermal expansion valve is likely accurate, and addressing this issue is crucial for maintaining optimal system performance. Proper diagnosis and repair of such HVAC issues not only ensure efficient operation but also enhance customer satisfaction. By providing timely and expert solutions, you can improve client trust and referrals, which are key drivers for HVAC leads generation. Maintaining a reputation for reliability and technical expertise can significantly boost your ability to attract and retain new customers in the competitive HVAC market.

Last edited:

Guardrail

Reaction score
I thought he changed txv. He never stated the outside temperature. If it was 90 degrees outside, the high side pressure would be normal and the low side would be low. I'm no expert, but that's my take on the chart. Also, you shouldn't add more Freon than whats stated on the sticker under the hood. I would empty the system again, fill it with the correct amount of freon then see what your pressures are. I think that would give you a more accurate picture of your pressures.

OP
OP
T

TRaptor69

Reaction score
The rising evaporator temperature with increased fan speed, coupled with the stable low-pressure side, strongly points towards a restriction in the system. Your suspicion of the thermal expansion valve is likely accurate, and addressing this issue is crucial for maintaining optimal system performance. Proper diagnosis and repair of such HVAC issues not only ensure efficient operation but also enhance customer satisfaction. By providing timely and expert solutions, you can improve client trust and referrals, which are key drivers for HVAC leads generation. Maintaining a reputation for reliability and technical expertise can significantly boost your ability to attract and retain new customers in the competitive HVAC market.
I wanted to provide a brief update on the A/C system. The pressures remain consistent with previous observations. We have replaced both the TXV and the desiccant bag. The issue predominantly occurs while the vehicle is idling; however, the system appears to function properly once driving begins, particularly around 2,000 RPM. This weekend, I will be insulating both lines and performing a thorough cleaning of the condenser. For the outside temps - 100+ like classic texas heat :flame:

I believe that poor insulation of the vent, blower, and A/C assembly is a major factor in the problem. Even with tinted windows and a windshield cover, the cabin still heats up quickly. I’m planning to add more insulation and some soundproofing to the cabin to see if it helps.