How to strap this down?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Morgan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Damn, my dyslexia got me. I read the thread title as “How to strap this on?” Imagine my disappointment. :)

This the Raptor forum, not some bourgeois bmw forum. When we said “D rings” we meant to put in your truck bed, not the OTHER kind.

Jayzus...

Well, it IS June, so...

jm77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
These look great! Parts list? where did you get them?

Also removing the negative worked. will report back if it happens again.

Don’t have a parts list but I sourced the L track online and cut it to length. Used stainless bolts, the largest fender washers doubled up and stainless locknuts. I think i posted about it before, you might search for it.

If I were to do it again, I’d see if this angled track would fit flush in the valleys of the bed. I think the angled sides would create a nicer finished look. Even better is that they come hard anodized and cut to length. I probably won’t, but I’m tempted to redo mine just to for those reasons. If the angled track doesn’t fit, they also offer the square version.

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
View attachment 456178
Feet showing in the picture. For the love of all things HOLY, we don’t want to see anyone’s gnarly toes. Well... most of us don’t. At least they’re not dress socks.

THIS.

Looks like you have a spray in bed liner. Use a razor and cut the circle around the bed bolts. Use a pick- dental pick, or similar to COMPLETELY clean out the torx head. You absolutely MUST have a 100% clean seating of the torx bit or you will strip the head. I had one bed bolt I didn’t get the bed liner out of the torx head and I stripped it. I tried all manner of workarounds, ended up going to a mechanic who used an air chisel to break it loose.

Anyway, the D-rings will allow you to ratchet strap the kennel down so it won’t move. I’m not clear how much force you can put on the box-link and they’re not very low.
For more info:

Use an impact driver.

This kind- not the ugga dugga kind.