How many miles when you took delivery?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rp2024

Reaction score
54. Jan build date. They did likely test it, but then I am not sure if it had the document on the window mentioning the additional miles due to ford testing.

Azurebeast

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Of course they test them. Imagine the quality nightmare if they did not. Then they have to fix a lot of them. Some require more fixing than others. Depending on the problem, they may need to be driven a bit. You guys are making a mountain out of a molehill. If 50 extra miles was going to ruin one of these trucks, they'd all be falling to pieces before the first oil change. Just drive and enjoy the damn thing.
I have never heard of testing before. You get some disgruntled ******* testing these trucks for even 20 miles can have you buying a lemon. All I picture is a jerk saying let’s see how fast it goes 0-60 than slams on the breaks. Gunning an engine that’s not broken in yet. Sorry but a truck that’s almost $100k new I want one with close to zero miles. I’ll do the testing and report back any issues. Just my 2 cents.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have never heard of testing before. You get some disgruntled ******* testing these trucks for even 20 miles can have you buying a lemon. All I picture is a jerk saying let’s see how fast it goes 0-60 than slams on the breaks. Gunning an engine that’s not broken in yet. Sorry but a truck that’s almost $100k new I want one with close to zero miles. I’ll do the testing and report back any issues. Just my 2 cents.
I designed and built test equipment for a living. Thousands of components, electrical and mechanical. Thousands of units. When you build something complicated, you end up with many that fail final test on the first try. Modern autos are very complex. Many will fail final test for a variety of reasons. You don't throw them away, you fix them. Are autos less complex because it's all just connection of sub assemblies that were tested already? Maybe. I don't know. But building anything that complicated is hard. There's going to be substantial repair work after assembly. I worry a lot more about electronic gremlins resulting from cold solder joints or flaky components or temperature sensitivity than I do the mechanical stuff. 20 miles of abuse won't turn a truck into a lemon. The other stuff can and will.

rp2024

Reaction score
Vehicles are picked at random to do testing from what I read in other ford forums. If they test the car they do add those details and stick a paper to the window noting the number of miles. I assume most of the time they remove that when they do the dealership PDI. My 2023 also had about 50 miles. My 2024 was only sitting at the dealership for a day or two and I had a deposit so technically other than during the PDI it was not test driven, but can't say I didn't think whether the PDI person took it for a longer drive.

FULZEND

Reaction score
9 miles... We were waiting for Finance, and the sales guy said, "let's go drive around for a bit while we wait..." It occurs to me now that the lil **** just wanted to go screw around and not be in the office. Tomorrow will mark 2 weeks of X-Jeep owner recovery and 14 days of joyous Raptor luxuriousness!
Today I located the Mirror fold-In Button... The dealer said that the side mirrors on the Raptors don't fold in. LOL...

Azurebeast

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I designed and built test equipment for a living. Thousands of components, electrical and mechanical. Thousands of units. When you build something complicated, you end up with many that fail final test on the first try. Modern autos are very complex. Many will fail final test for a variety of reasons. You don't throw them away, you fix them. Are autos less complex because it's all just connection of sub assemblies that were tested already? Maybe. I don't know. But building anything that complicated is hard. There's going to be substantial repair work after assembly. I worry a lot more about electronic gremlins resulting from cold solder joints or flaky components or temperature sensitivity than I do the mechanical stuff. 20 miles of abuse won't turn a truck into a lemon. The other stuff can and will.
I hear what your saying. But just like my woman, I want my truck un molested.

Azurebeast

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Outside gen 1 engine, I think they worked out most glitches. Most new problems are electronics. My 23’ didn’t come with blue drive? Or what ever they call it. I have a hard time thinking it warrants driving these trucks so many miles unless they are rolling the dice on the new tech working and cutting corners. But all that should have been worked out in RD. And I get shuffling the trucks around to deliver to dealerships but mileage seems excessive to me