How Long Did It Take to Ship Your Raptor?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Venomns

Reaction score
Called SVT and found out it has been sitting in the offload yard for 8 days. WTF. An hour from the dealership for over a week. Called the dealership and they are gonna make some calls. Told me they could send someone to pick it up..... I said " unless it's me, nobody is gonna drive my truck an hour when it should be broken in properly!" Haha

Dubless

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^^
Good luck! Mine's been sitting in the same yard since 3/20!!! Ever since some quality control issue caused a stop ship then a rail car shortage. WTF. Gonna be 6mos before I see the damn truck.

Venomns

Reaction score
^^
Good luck! Mine's been sitting in the same yard since 3/20!!! Ever since some quality control issue caused a stop ship then a rail car shortage. WTF. Gonna be 6mos before I see the damn truck.

What Quality issue?? Is your truck suppose to be at a local dealership in the bay area?

Dubless

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No truck's suppose to go to a dealership in Southern California.
according to my dealer the original ship hold was due to a "quality" issue. after a little digging around it turns out it was likely due to a fuel rail issue. after that cleared up apparently it caused a backlog in shipping, not enough rail cars. well at least that's the line my dealers been feeding me. who knows at this point. I do know that the dealer near my home has received 3 trucks within the last 3 mos so???

CAMPERL99

Reaction score
We ordered 2 raptors on 01/16/13 the 1st one earrived on 03/02/13 the other one was scheduled for 03/25/13 havent seen the second one yet. Still sitting in newborn according to dealers computer. No one at the dealer or svt can give me an answer as to why. WE ARE IN LOUISIANA

SlasherMcGee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It would be nice if Ford could give you guys a little more insight into why it's taking so long to get your trucks. I'm sure there are limits to what their systems store but a little more transparency would be nice.

The feeling I've got from 90% of the car salesman I've bought from over the years is that they either have no understanding of customer service or just don't care. I can only remember one salesman that actually would call me out of the blue to give me an update on my order(previous car I ordered). He actually called the truck driver that was hauling my car and asked him where he was and what time he'd be rolling into the dealership!

If you're 50k truck sits at the factor for 2 months you'd think they'd be able to say something like:

1. We're aware of the delay and it's because we have a shortage of delivery options right now.

2. We're aware of the delay and there was a hold on xx because of yy

3. etc.. etc..

I guess on the other hand though the system probably wasn't "built" with customer orders in mind.. Most orders are probably from dealers who don't get all uptight if they don't get their orders fast.... Just my $.02, but what do I know...

Venomns

Reaction score
Just got a update after calling the dealer and telling them that the car has been sitting an hour away since the 10th. They talked to the driver and said it is suppose to be delivered on Monday. I'll believe it when I see it! Ha!

Dubless

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just got a update after calling the dealer and telling them that the car has been sitting an hour away since the 10th. They talked to the driver and said it is suppose to be delivered on Monday. I'll believe it when I see it! Ha!

Arrange to pick that thing up if you can! Otherwise "on Monday" could mean "any" Monday, LOL!