Horn Relocation

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

yoxxi

Reaction score
Hello all - long time lurker, been wanting a Gen 2 Raptor for a few years now.

I ended up finding my dream truck a few weeks ago and pulled the trigger on it. '20 Screw 802A (no moonroof) with Forged alum. wheels and <40K miles.

I'll post some photos soon after I give it a good wash - I've been driving this truck like crazy, taking it on trails and just finding any reason to go out and just drive it.

I ended up doing the horn re-location today.

I know there is not a specific write-up but I wanted to share how easy it is to do if you want some peace of mind, you should just do it.

I used 18 ga. wire and just extended the original two wire harness.

I re-oriented the horns (they are removable from the bracket, along with the wires and plug). They are still super loud - this re-location did not muffle them.

The horn along with the entire wire-loom for the amber grill lights and the 360 camera plugs that plugs into the grill are no longer visible through the grill. Even if you bend down and look at it from a crouched position, the fin housing behind the grill covers it completely. On that factory wiring harness that runs along the radiator support, there is a white tab that clips into this radiator support and the issue with this tab is it hangs the wire loom too low - remove this and physically raise the wire loom and add a zip tie through the existing hole and tighten, the look will sit at a much higher position and it will not be visible whatsoever through the grill.

If anyone has any questions let me know!

Last edited: