High mileage owners please check in

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TomDirt

FRF Addict
Reaction score
LOL my apologies, not sure what I was thinking. I am religious with oil changes every 6k miles, no one touches it but me. Mechanically or driving. I put kings on at the 100k mark, rebuilt them once because I figured they must need it. They didnt. Second set of deavers. Rebuilt the rear diff around 150k just because, I did the ssm for relocating the fuel pump fuse at some point, spark plugs more times than I would have liked. Replaced the trans about 30k miles ago. Countless steering wheel control buttons, one blower motor resistor, multiple heated seat elements. All the power steering hoses, rad hoses at some point. I remember changing the serp belt around 250k miles thinking how has this thing made it this far. Still have it as my spare! Everything else is original including all front end parts. Hard to believe I know. This truck was my oilfield truck for 6 years and it never had an easy day. I have a 17 with 30k on it and I took it on a road trip thinking it would be more reliable. Turbo went out 6hrs from home. Ended up changing it out in a buddies garage. Not a fun job at all.
Did you change out those shltty oem headlight bulbs? My 2011 SVT Raptor has them and they are scary bad. I already swapped them to LED bulbs on my daily driver (2012 Ecoboost F150).

Big Johnson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is that Linex on the front end? Clever considering the road conditions you were driving on. I like it.
It is Bullet Liner but basically the same stuff. I did the front, fender flares, rockers panels, wheel wells back in maybe 2016. It has held up pretty decent. This truck is 99% on back roads so the gravel just destroys everything.

Big Johnson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you change out those shltty oem headlight bulbs? My 2011 SVT Raptor has them and they are scary bad. I already swapped them to LED bulbs on my daily driver (2012 Ecoboost F150).
I did put the oem projectors on pretty quick after I bought it in 2014. Those old halogens are pretty lacking. I have a couple light bars behind the grill and live pretty much in the middle of nowhere so they get used alot.