Guys with icons ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
School is in sessions...lets keep this on course please...this is good shit...

Are the stock shocks not capable, cannot they not be rebuilt?

I would like to hear why some seem so quick to shit can the stockers?

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
common guys .. let's keep this thread about icons vs fox. The OP is spending some good money and providing excellent feedback. If you feel the need to post random thoughts then start a new thread and BS away.

Off Road WannaBe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Icon copied the walker Evans on my sled. Those bastards!

I was told walker Evans makes the icon shocks, icon gives them the specs and they build it I don't know how true it is though.....

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

ICONRep

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I was told walker Evans makes the icon shocks, icon gives them the specs and they build it I don't know how true it is though.....

Not even kinda......would love to speak with who is spreading that info. Now a lot of us are good friends with the crew over there, but they do not make, nor do we buy, a single item from them.

Between the 2 owners, there is 3 buildings (2 are sister companies) totaling 140k sqft all located in Riverside. Their is a total of about 90 CNC machines, 2 lasers, multiple CNC press brakes and punching machines. ICON is housed in a 40k sqft building that 12 of the CNC's are in and these specific machines make the Raptor line of 3.0's. All parts are engineered in house by Dylan and Kris in this building. 100% of the shock assembly, welding of fabricated components, packaging, warehousing, and shipping is done only by us in house.

We are one of the only companies to be a true "suspension & shock" manufacturer all on one that makes all their own parts. You will not find many other companies like this, especially ones that do what we do from oem to the racing stuff we are capable of and will further pursue in the foreseeable future.

Hopefully this clears that up, and I certainly agree with others lets keep it about what the OP is after. This is one of the first times to see someone so set on a goal, and truly know what they are after, with nothing going to stand in the way. It does not get better than this in regards to suspension on a forum. We are committed to working with NTM on this and have offered to further work on our shocks for his needs should he decide to use our front 3.0 shocks. We look forward to his feed back and comparison for future growth in our Raptor line as well.

Anyone is welcome to stop by our facility anytime if you are in the area. Would love to chat and show you around so you can get an inside look to what we do as a whole.

Brad

Off Road WannaBe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
But back on topic....

I finally got around to putting my icons on the front after have the rears on for a month and I can say with the adjustabilty of the rears they're 100x better then the stockers. The day before I put the icons on I filled the tires to 45psi for max fuel economy cause I was going on a 1500 mile road trip the day after the icon install. So I got to drive both shocks a bit with max tire pressure. The stockers do have more body roll the icons on hard with the sway bar the truck won't roll it just turns and goes. On soft the is some roll but not half as much as stock. On bumps the stockers would kinda bounce over the icons you'd feel it but the wheels stay planted on the ground. I haven't had a chance to take the truck off road yet but from inital impressions they are stiffer like ntm has said. Now I did notice by the end of the road trip they did feel like they were loosening and softening up a bit.I will say even though the icons are stiffer they have a smoothness and control driving down the road the stockers couldn't match. I'm hoping to drop the air and get the truck out on some dirt roads this weekend will report my findings.

I'm also curious about ntm findings with the fox vs icon for out side the desert. But so far couldn't be happier with my icons.

Last edited:

Off Road WannaBe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not even kinda......would love to speak with who is spreading that info. Now a lot of us are good friends with the crew over there, but they do not make, nor do we buy, a single item from them.

Between the 2 owners, there is 3 buildings (2 are sister companies) totaling 140k sqft all located in Riverside. Their is a total of about 90 CNC machines, 2 lasers, multiple CNC press brakes and punching machines. ICON is housed in a 40k sqft building that 12 of the CNC's are in and these specific machines make the Raptor line of 3.0's. All parts are engineered in house by Dylan and Kris in this building. 100% of the shock assembly, welding of fabricated components, packaging, warehousing, and shipping is done only by us in house.

We are one of the only companies to be a true "suspension & shock" manufacturer all on one that makes all their own parts. You will not find many other companies like this, especially ones that do what we do from oem to the racing stuff we are capable of and will further pursue in the foreseeable future.

Hopefully this clears that up, and I certainly agree with others lets keep it about what the OP is after. This is one of the first times to see someone so set on a goal, and truly know what they are after, with nothing going to stand in the way. It does not get better than this in regards to suspension on a forum. We are committed to working with NTM on this and have offered to further work on our shocks for his needs should he decide to use our front 3.0 shocks. We look forward to his feed back and comparison for future growth in our Raptor line as well.

Anyone is welcome to stop by our facility anytime if you are in the area. Would love to chat and show you around so you can get an inside look to what we do as a whole.

Brad

Thanks for the info Brad. Ya it was a guy at my local off road shop, I won't be dealing with him again lol.

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lets keep this thread about Raptors and the quest to find the right shocks for them.

Exactly!!! What 3 companies make shocks for the Raptor..
King
Fox
Icon
King good shock...
Fox good shock...
Icon good shock...
King, no on the road adjustment with a easy turn knob
Fox pre 9/1 no adjustment ease turn knob
Icon first one with easy adjustment knob.
Now Fox realizing that this is a great idea decides to make a easy turn knob..
That my friends is copying a good idea what the free market allows.
So, if GM, Chrysler, Toyota, Nissan or any other auto manf decided to make off road vehicle to compete with teh Raptor they would be copying Fords great idea ... End of story... he he he