GooseTuned Gen 3 - Baseline Dyno Runs vs Gen 2 Baseline!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
GooseTuned

GooseTuned

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
It’s a massive benefit.

Once you click 3-4 gear you’re heat soaked.

The intercooler will keep that from
Happening

shigman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
lol, in Houston during the months of June-October Im heat soaked just pulling outta the driveway. It’s always kinda amazed me how ineffective the stock intercooler is, I get some wild charge temps during the summer. Even going HWY speeds doesn’t do much. How much effect do those shutters have on the HWY trying to eke out .01 MPG ? lol

maxr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
a really hot day where i live is 90. rarely happens. typically no more then 2 months with highs of 80. nights are in the 50s in the summer

jm77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@GooseTuned any idea if the latest OTA update 23-pu1009-ss-ns will affect the tuning on these trucks? Seems a google search shows others complaining off issues because it is a PCM update. I’m turning off OTA until we can get confirmation from you or @COBB Tuning

Anyone else here with a Cobb tune successfully receive this update?

Last edited:
OP
OP
GooseTuned

GooseTuned

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Yes! Turn off OTA updates!

This is what I have posted on Facebook:

2021-2022 F150/Raptor Customers: PLEASE READ!!

Ford is pushing out (and in some cases already pushed out) an over the air update.
**For those of you with bigger injectors or are running ethanol blends**
POSTPONE THIS UPDATE until you can get to a spot where you can uninstall the accessport, install the ford update, and update the accessport and accessport manager. At this point after updating the AP, you can attempt to reinstall to your vehicle.

Also, if you are not running into any sort of issues at all, it may be advisable to just disable over the air updates altogether, in the radio settings.

For those of you who have not caught the OTA update in time, and the Accessport says “not installed to this vehicle”, send COBB an email at:
[email protected]

In that email include your vin, a photo of the Accessport saying not installed, and the diagnostic file from the Accessport in Accessport manager, and they’ll knock it out quickly

Raptor513

Reaction score
lol, in Houston during the months of June-October Im heat soaked just pulling outta the driveway. It’s always kinda amazed me how ineffective the stock intercooler is, I get some wild charge temps during the summer. Even going HWY speeds doesn’t do much. How much effect do those shutters have on the HWY trying to eke out .01 MPG ? lol
I am running Cobbs FMIC and I leave work when its about 85-95 and have maintained sub 100 IAT on the hwy. Compared to stock its not even a convo as long as the truck is not at a stand still.

jm77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@GooseTuned thanks, glad I asked.

When you say attempt to reinstall the AP, is there a possibility we might run into an issue doing so?

zachery55

Reaction score
Yes! Turn off OTA updates!

This is what I have posted on Facebook:

2021-2022 F150/Raptor Customers: PLEASE READ!!

Ford is pushing out (and in some cases already pushed out) an over the air update.
**For those of you with bigger injectors or are running ethanol blends**
POSTPONE THIS UPDATE until you can get to a spot where you can uninstall the accessport, install the ford update, and update the accessport and accessport manager. At this point after updating the AP, you can attempt to reinstall to your vehicle.

Also, if you are not running into any sort of issues at all, it may be advisable to just disable over the air updates altogether, in the radio settings.

For those of you who have not caught the OTA update in time, and the Accessport says “not installed to this vehicle”, send COBB an email at:
[email protected]

In that email include your vin, a photo of the Accessport saying not installed, and the diagnostic file from the Accessport in Accessport manager, and they’ll knock it out

Question. Is there any real difference between the upgraded factory location Intercooler or the relocated one? I know it was purpose built for frame cut bumpers but I’m not worried about that. Seems better to keep most items factory for cooling etc but perhaps I’m over thinking it. Just curious if it’s worth the extra work to relocate or not if staying stock bumper etc.

Also I know it’s a stretch… but any idea on when times may be available for a 2024 lol. I know 23s may never happen but has any effort been made for the 24s yet?
Thank you!