Goosed 93 to OEM with 87 octane....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MRV99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wife filled up the Raptor before our road trip the other day. She was being a great wife and while I was finishing up my presentations, she took the truck to fill it up. Loaded up the truckster and when I looked down, I noticed the fulled tank and was.. "Awesome, you filled the truck!" I start the truck and she tells me just how cheap it was to fill 33 gallons up. Well that was a "red flag" and I asked what was the cost... 135... OH SHIT.... it is usually $30 more.. I said "what did you put in the truck??? 87!!!! Ok, but wait... we have not owned a car that has taken less than 93 since 2001 so for the last 23 years, she has not used anything less than 93..... and now she uses 87???

So i pulled out the tuner and loaded the OEM back... It was soo bad that the wife would not stop apologizing.... Merged onto the Chicago highway were everyone is doing 100.... I swear a Prius merged behind me and passed me... That was a humbling experience going from Goose Tuned 93 to OEM with 87 in the tank....

Last edited: