Auto Octane tune for gen 3!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Johnny@Apollo-Optics

Johnny@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I have 91 octane max. in MT. Wondering what performance improvement I would see running everrything stock @91 octane with your Tune vs adding the S&B Intake with your Tune (which goosetuned is using in his 11 sec raptor)

also, I have the 37PP and a 2021

No interest in adding anything like intercooler, etc.

trying to decide between Cobb/Goose, JB4 and your tune.

thx
We carry JB4 and this one. Youd realistically be anywhere around 60-80 RWHP gains with no supporting mods

maxr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So no benefit to adding a CAI ?

Between the JB4 and your tune, have you seen a preference of one over the other in terms of customer satisfaction

OP
OP
Johnny@Apollo-Optics

Johnny@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
So no benefit to adding a CAI ?

Between the JB4 and your tune, have you seen a preference of one over the other in terms of customer satisfaction
The Gearhead system is an actual tune. It’s octane adaptive. Performance and towing and includes transmission tuning. 21-22 only. No need to send in ECU. Doesn’t work on 23.

JB4 is a piggyback and has different selectable maps based on octane, will write up to E50, no custom TCM tuning. Not a hard tune, just a piggyback and more warranty friendly. Works on 21-24 trucks.

Last edited:

maxr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks .. more interested in the gearhead since there is some transmission tuning

maxr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks .. I'm not ready yet. What I really want to see are some Dragy times of a Gen 3 running either of these tunes .. something that neither company appear to provide. I care more about actual performance of 0-60, 1/8 mile then looking at a chart that shows RWHP improvements.

OP
OP
Johnny@Apollo-Optics

Johnny@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks .. I'm not ready yet. What I really want to see are some Dragy times of a Gen 3 running either of these tunes .. something that neither company appear to provide. I care more about actual performance of 0-60, 1/8 mile then looking at a chart that shows RWHP improvements.
My buddy with a Draggy that I used to test wilwood brakes is an oil worker.

Next time hes around near me ill grab it off him and run a time but it may be a while

FordPerf Addict

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The Gearhead system is an actual tune. It’s octane adaptive. Performance and towing and includes transmission tuning. 21-22 only. No need to send in ECU. Doesn’t work on 23.

JB4 is a piggyback and has different selectable maps based on octane, will write up to E50, no custom TCM tuning. Not a hard tune, just a piggyback and more warranty friendly. Works on 21-24 trucks.
what are gains of JB4 alone especially if it is more warranty friendly. can octanes be changed "on the fly" i used to run a hemifever on a ram and had to fully upload a tune every single time.

will i need an intercooler or anything with the JB4 ? worried about running too hot

i have a 2024 truck

Also, is there a link i searched apollo optics for gearhead and JB4 and didnt see anything

OP
OP
Johnny@Apollo-Optics

Johnny@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
what are gains of JB4 alone especially if it is more warranty friendly. can octanes be changed "on the fly" i used to run a hemifever on a ram and had to fully upload a tune every single time.

will i need an intercooler or anything with the JB4 ? worried about running too hot

i have a 2024 truck

Also, is there a link i searched apollo optics for gearhead and JB4 and didnt see anything
We made a few website changes recently. Some items are still loading. Heres the JB4. If youd like the geadhead shoot me a message and I can write up a custom cart for you.

You can quick change the map on your phone. No intercooler needed or anything like that. If youre in a hotter climate itd be beneficial however