Going from Trx to Raptor r

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

slow3

Reaction score
Hey all, just wanted to get your thoughts on some of you that have gone from a trx to a raptor r
what are your thoughts? Pros and cons and everything in between
In line to get the first 2025 model that dealers is getting

downforce137

FRF Addict
Reaction score
good move, they discontinued the TRX.. raptor R is still in production, and being improved upon.. that is my theory for Ram exiting.. they were getting smoked in every catagory.

i dont think you will find too many pros on the trx here because we're raptor people..

rao26

Reaction score
Lots of guys here probably have both and a few can probably be objective. Off the top of my head here are a couple thoughts and I’ll post more if I think of them. Keep in mind I don’t have many miles on the R yet. Also some of the things I notice are little things that most people wouldn’t care about.

R has better feeling suspension and takes corners better. 37s are better than 35s. Easier to park and not as wide. I strongly suspect the R is piping in engine noise. R has a better ac although a few people have had problems with it. 720 hp is better than 702 in the trx. R is fast and probably a little faster than the trx but it doesn’t feel faster. The trx feels more brutal and aggressive somehow. R is more refined I feel. R graphics aren’t for me. Tailgate feels more substantial on the R.

Trx has a better exhaust note even with the R in Baja. I also like that it’s always that way and isn’t defaulted to a quieter setting. Supercharger whine is amazing in the trx and you can barely hear it on the R. Interior is nicer on the trx. Easier to do oil changes on too. The trx driveshaft clunk drove me nuts so I swapped out for aftermarket and its been great. Stock one is trash though. The mopar infotainment system is an absolute joke. The throttle control on the trx is more aggressive from the start. You gotta get farther into the R’s pedal to get it to go. The R will go though, don’t get me wrong.

Achnnal

Reaction score
Lots of guys here probably have both and a few can probably be objective. Off the top of my head here are a couple thoughts and I’ll post more if I think of them. Keep in mind I don’t have many miles on the R yet. Also some of the things I notice are little things that most people wouldn’t care about.

R has better feeling suspension and takes corners better. 37s are better than 35s. Easier to park and not as wide. I strongly suspect the R is piping in engine noise. R has a better ac although a few people have had problems with it. 720 hp is better than 702 in the trx. R is fast and probably a little faster than the trx but it doesn’t feel faster. The trx feels more brutal and aggressive somehow. R is more refined I feel. R graphics aren’t for me. Tailgate feels more substantial on the R.

Trx has a better exhaust note even with the R in Baja. I also like that it’s always that way and isn’t defaulted to a quieter setting. Supercharger whine is amazing in the trx and you can barely hear it on the R. Interior is nicer on the trx. Easier to do oil changes on too. The trx driveshaft clunk drove me nuts so I swapped out for aftermarket and its been great. Stock one is trash though. The mopar infotainment system is an absolute joke. The throttle control on the trx is more aggressive from the start. You gotta get farther into the R’s pedal to get it to go. The R will go though, don’t get me wrong.
Basically what rao26 said. RR has way better suspension. Going through speed bumps at same speed Trx's bounce is worse than RR, like a lot. You can fell Trx is hitting the body or somthing maybe because of suspension travel is shorter? And Trx exhuast is better than RR like day and night. I had a AWE on my TRX, this is the only thing that I gonna miss when I traded in. The suspension clunk is bad ofc and I swapped with an aftermarket as well. LOL. You can feel the speed when you floor the gas padel, RR for me is more like a big SUV. It is quicker for sure. I'd say for a DD perspective RR is the perfect one. If you want a toy then keep the Trx. It has more fun.

Sorry for the bad English.

Attachments

• image1.jpeg
    image1.jpeg
    217 KB · Views: 50
  • image0.jpeg
    image0.jpeg
    260.5 KB · Views: 50

rao26

Reaction score
Basically what rao26 said. RR has way better suspension. Going through speed bumps at same speed Trx's bounce is worse than RR, like a lot. You can fell Trx is hitting the body or somthing maybe because of suspension travel is shorter? And Trx exhuast is better than RR like day and night. I had a AWE on my TRX, this is the only thing that I gonna miss when I traded in. The suspension clunk is bad ofc and I swapped with an aftermarket as well. LOL. You can feel the speed when you floor the gas padel, RR for me is more like a big SUV. It is quicker for sure. I'd say for a DD perspective RR is the perfect one. If you want a toy then keep the Trx. It has more fun.

Sorry for the bad English.
This sounds about right. You can’t lose with either though and if I was forced to only have one I don’t know which I’d choose.

XSTNKT

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I really like these threads. Thanks all for contributing honest answers. I'll be looking at these down the road from the used market. So, this kind of info to go back to is important. Thanks again.

Judd McPherson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree with everything above except for the statement that the TRX interior is better. It absolutely was until 2024, but I feel that they are equal now. The R interior was vastly improved for 2024, and they dropped that blueish grey denim look on the door panels and dash. They went with a black leather instead, much like the TRX.

rao26

Reaction score
I agree with everything above except for the statement that the TRX interior is better. It absolutely was until 2024, but I feel that they are equal now. The R interior was vastly improved for 2024, and they dropped that blueish grey denim look on the door panels and dash. They went with a black leather instead, much like the TRX.
I’ve got a 24 and there it’s still plasticish kinda. The shifter feels like something you’d find at an arcade racing game. It’s still a nice interior though. The v8 within the perforated fabric in the center console is a little much. You shouldn’t celebrate something that should have never left.

Judd McPherson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My shifter on my TRX had the black paint peel off of it. It felt sturdier, but the peeling paint was a common problem with them. A couple of people have mentioned that it didn’t feel a sturdy, but I only have my hand on it for a couple of seconds each time I shift so it really doesn’t bother me as much as the peeling paint did.

I also like the fact that the center console doesn’t have a huge metal plate that heats up in the sun and acts like a branding iron when you aren’t paying attention. If anyone needed my VIN, I just had to show them my scar on the bottom of my arm!

rao26

Reaction score
My shifter on my TRX had the black paint peel off of it. It felt sturdier, but the peeling paint was a common problem with them. A couple of people have mentioned that it didn’t feel a sturdy, but I only have my hand on it for a couple of seconds each time I shift so it really doesn’t bother me as much as the peeling paint did.

I also like the fact that the center console doesn’t have a huge metal plate that heats up in the sun and acts like a branding iron when you aren’t paying attention. If anyone needed my VIN, I just had to show them my scar on the bottom of my arm!
That thing does get crazy hot. I like the convertible flat thing the R has. My trx shifter is still pristine but the leather on the seats has a crack forming. I don’t slide in and out either and I’m not obese. If I was a fatty the whole side would probably be worn off by now on the driver side.